Players in the "wrong" uniforms

10 minutes ago, kroywen said:

In light of today's news about Esteban Loaiza, a flashback to his 42 thoroughly unremarkable innings with the Yankees after the 2004 trade deadline, to the tune of an 8.50 ERA:

esteban.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h

That face sums up how we all felt about your time here in New York, Esteban. Better luck in the California Penal League.

Better yet, the Yankees traded Jose Contreras to get him. Contreras wasn't great in New York but helped lead the 2005 White Sox to the WS title.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Better yet, the Yankees traded Jose Contreras to get him. Contreras wasn't great in New York but helped lead the 2005 White Sox to the WS title.

Not that the Yankees could've known this at the time of the deal, but Contreras' best two seasons were 2005 and 2006, right after the trade. I thought it was a dumb deal at the time they made it (Loaiza had a great 2003, but was not good with the Sox in '04. despite undeservingly making the ASG), but Contreras' success the next two years really showed how stupid the Yanks were to sell low on him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, johnnysama said:

s-l300.jpg

The great base-stealing artist (before Rickey Henderson) Lou Brock was a coach for the Montreal Expos in 1993.

You win. That blows my mind. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After seven seasons with the Nordiques and 11 1/2 with the Capitals (who retired his number), Dale Hunter played a grand total of 31 games (12 during the regular season and 19 in the playoffs) with the Avalanche following his trade to Colorado in the 1998-99 season, which would be his final year.

5518-1247702Fr.jpg

• Like 1

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

kent-tekulve-of-the-philadelphia-phillie

As I posted in the "Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform" thread, today is Kent Tekulve's birthday. Here he his as a Philadelphia Phillie.

kent-tekulve-of-the-cincinnati-reds-circ

And here he is in his last year as a Cincinnati Red. (Not pictured: The fact he wore #43 with the Reds.)

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png

sep-1995-offensive-lineman-stan-brock-of

The position of offensive lineman in football is not the most glamorous. With that said, this is Stan Brock, New Orleans Saint offensive tackle extraordinaire, playing for the San Diego Chargers (he appeared with them Super Bowl XXIX).

• Like 2

UBwef0L.png

• 2 weeks later...