larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Recommended Posts

mlbf_1224585883_th_45.jpg
The face of the Angels franchise in the 21st century, Jered Weaver, had a very short stay with the Padres before quietly hanging them up last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 8:56 AM, Cujo said:

?

 

dixon-510434-e-wp-content-uploads-2018-04-1120365_26fb47f41fa752e-e1524190168862.jpg

 

On 5/19/2018 at 5:00 PM, bucky_bleichert said:

arrieta.jpg

 

Who are these guys? Captions would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ That's Jake Arietta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dont care said:

 

 

Who are these guys? Captions would be nice. 

It's the same guy in both pics lol, Jake Arrieta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure these have all been done by now, but...

 

104025650_display_image.jpg?1306470833

Fred Taylor w/ New England (09 & 10)

 

WashingtonRedskinsvSeattleSeahawksCjvWeZ

Shaun Alexander w/ Washington (08)

 

4500-211Fr.jpg

Andre Reed w/ Washington (00)

 

larry_johnson_dolphins.jpg

Larry Johnson w/ Miami (2011)

 

kerry-collins-colts.jpg

Kerry Collins w/ Indy (11)

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOp5mjWsGuYJEUm8Lcrbg

Frank Reich w/ Detriot (96 & 97)

 

beb230b2494d79899ec7904481c7b011.jpg

Jim Harbaugh w/ Carolina (01)

 

...and my personal sentimental favorite:

Vinny_Testaverde.jpg

Vinny Testaverde w/ Carolina (07)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few mercenaries from the 1994 San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl team:


Gary Plummer (played most of his career with the Chargers)

b31b0954d897a51ba7b9b920bdda5916.jpg

 

Rickey Jackson (played 13 of his 15 years with the Saints)

91kjxCqqL2L._SY587_.jpg

 

Deion Sanders (played only one year as a 49er)

deion-sanders.jpg

 

Charles Mann (played 11 of 12 years with Washington)

CHARLESMANNSANFRANCISCO49ERS.jpg

 

Richard Dent (played 12 years with the Bears and only one with the 49ers)

!BrJRnFgB2k~$(KGrHqEOKj0EuZRriyW+BLyecyt

 

Toi Cook (played 7 years with the Saints, only two with 49ers)

5335tc.jpg

 

Bart Oates (played 9 years with Giants, only two with 49ers)

91ANMUrjBwL._SY450_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

A few mercenaries from the 1994 San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl team:


Gary Plummer (played most of his career with the Chargers)

b31b0954d897a51ba7b9b920bdda5916.jpg

 

Rickey Jackson (played 13 of his 15 years with the Saints)

91kjxCqqL2L._SY587_.jpg

 

Deion Sanders (played only one year as a 49er)

deion-sanders.jpg

 

Charles Mann (played 11 of 12 years with Washington)

CHARLESMANNSANFRANCISCO49ERS.jpg

 

Richard Dent (played 12 years with the Bears and only one with the 49ers)

!BrJRnFgB2k~$(KGrHqEOKj0EuZRriyW+BLyecyt

 

Toi Cook (played 7 years with the Saints, only two with 49ers)

5335tc.jpg

 

Bart Oates (played 9 years with Giants, only two with 49ers)

91ANMUrjBwL._SY450_.jpg

C2yPmdT.jpg

 

Former Cowboy Ken Norton Jr as a Niner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deion as a Niner is still okay to me.  I think he's acceptable as a Falcon, Niner, or Cowboy.  I know it was only one season, but he was in the middle of his PRIME and since you see the images so much its not exactly the same as Unitas on the Chargers or something like that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fgoodwin said:

C2yPmdT.jpg

 

Former Cowboy Ken Norton Jr as a Niner.

 

I thought about including this one, but Norton actually played 7 seasons in SF versus 6 in Dallas, so I'm not sure it's the "wrong" uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Deion as a Niner is still okay to me.  I think he's acceptable as a Falcon, Niner, or Cowboy.  I know it was only one season, but he was in the middle of his PRIME and since you see the images so much its not exactly the same as Unitas on the Chargers or something like that.  

 

I don't think Deion Sanders really has a "right" NFL team. He played a bunch with the Falcons, but he won with SF and Dallas. And he joined Washington the same time a bunch of guys did. It was a disaster, but it made sense in the moment. Remember also when he played in Baltimore for like a minute?

 

Deion Sanders is the Rickey Henderson of the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

 

I thought about including this one, but Norton actually played 7 seasons in SF versus 6 in Dallas, so I'm not sure it's the "wrong" uniform.

Very true. But Dallas drafted him, and if he hadn't been successful as a Cowboy, the Niners might never have shown any interest. But I certainly can't argue with your logic. But the Niner uniform is still "wrong" to most Cowboy fans! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Deion Sanders is the Rickey Henderson of the NFL.

 

Truth.  I actually think that the Falcons look like the wrong uniform for him, even though that's where he became a star.  He just got sooo much more TV time playing for SF and DAL.  

 

I cannot believe he was only in SF for one season - that's actually the jersey I picture him in at first when I think of him and I could swear he wore the 94 throwbacks, regulars, and even the 96 redesign.  I know it's not true, but my brain somehow has those memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

Truth.  I actually think that the Falcons look like the wrong uniform for him, even though that's where he became a star.  He just got sooo much more TV time playing for SF and DAL.  

 

I cannot believe he was only in SF for one season - that's actually the jersey I picture him in at first when I think of him and I could swear he wore the 94 throwbacks, regulars, and even the 96 redesign.  I know it's not true, but my brain somehow has those memories.

 

Well, he won DPOY and the Super Bowl for the 49ers, who were one of the most widely-covered franchises in the 90s. So he got about as much exposure out of that one year as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, C-Squared said:

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOp5mjWsGuYJEUm8Lcrbg

Frank Reich w/ Detroit (96 & 97)

I thought the Lions wore those blue pants only in the '98 season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.