Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 6/29/2018 at 12:38 AM, Vitalogy26 said:

I grew up with the Sharks, and Patty Marleau was always my favorite player. This image continues to break my heart.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXSnzFD8pRUu4BrN2BdEW

As a diehard Leafs fan, I always grew up liking Marleau for some reason. When the rumours came out last year of him coming to the Leafs I almost didn’t want him because it felt wrong for him to leave San Jose. I think in time, if the Leafs are successful in winning (obviously this year or next) it’ll be seen as a Ray Bourque esque not so much “wrong” uniform, but accepted uniform. He’ll always be a Sharks legend.

• Like 1
untitled-6.jpg

3 hours ago, youcan'tseeme said:

As a diehard Leafs fan, I always grew up liking Marleau for some reason. When the rumours came out last year of him coming to the Leafs I almost didn’t want him because it felt wrong for him to leave San Jose. I think in time, if the Leafs are successful in winning (obviously this year or next) it’ll be seen as a Ray Bourque esque not so much “wrong” uniform, but accepted uniform. He’ll always be a Sharks legend.

It doesn’t feel wrong to me. I wanted the whole team gone after the reverse-sweep. Trade and release the rotten core, while building towards a new generation. Marleau is a good guy, but he needed to leave to help the franchise reboot.

My only regret is that Joe Thornton didn’t sign with another team. I really don’t want his quasi-dirty play on the Sharks anymore.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pepis21 said:

It's so wrong:

2029267-buffon.PNG

What's so wrong? Soccer? I agree.

Calling a uniform a "kit"? Wearing totally different colors home and away? Changing uniforms every year? Ads on jerseys? French people? All of the above.

• Like 2

He is Italian, but if you're ignorant you might don't know that. And differents colors on home and away is still better than white and gray in baseball.

PS: His name is Gianluigi Buffon for these who don't know that.

4r2eer.png

8 hours ago, pepis21 said:

He is Italian, but if you're ignorant you might don't know that. And differents colors on home and away is still better than white and gray in baseball.

PS: His name is Gianluigi Buffon for these who don't know that.

I'm just messing with you. I've never been a soccer fan, but I trust the members of this forum enough that if you say he's in the wrong uniform, I believe it.

15 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I'm just messing with you. I've never been a soccer fan, but I trust the members of this forum enough that if you say he's in the wrong uniform, I believe it.

Oh ok, so I apologize for my attack. :)

4r2eer.png

15 hours ago, charger77 said:

Wasn’t a joke, by the time his career is over he’ll be remembered as a Leaf. 

C'mon now. Maybe if he wins a Cup with them (lol), but the guy's been the face of the Islanders for almost a decade. No one is going to forget about that. 

On 7/9/2018 at 6:11 PM, MCM0313 said:

Was with Juventus for 17 years and still playing at a high level at age 40, moved to Paris St. Germain. Both clubs are the among the best in their respective country's leagues and compete in the Champions League most years.

15 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I think this is Ronaldo's correct uniform

Image result for cristiano ronaldo

Adding the bottom half to complete the look:

679f0ff5-d311-4efd-83c2-65013f4f5ee7.jpe

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags