Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 6/27/2018 at 4:42 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Ken Griffey Jr in an Angels jersey

Image result for ken griffey jr angels

I have been looking for this picture for years and I have the context as I actually saw this game when it happened.

Griffey was wearing a Jim Edmonds jersey and was covered with bandages to rib on Edmonds' plethora of injuries.

• Like 6

VmWIn6B.png

17 minutes ago, LMU said:
On 6/27/2018 at 7:42 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Ken Griffey Jr in an Angels jersey

Image result for ken griffey jr angels

I have been looking for this picture for years and I have the context as I actually saw this game when it happened.

Griffey was wearing a Jim Edmonds jersey and was covered with bandages to rib on Edmonds' plethora of injuries.

This idea of wearing an opponent's uniform to rib him reminded me of Rick Dempsey's famous Robin Yount bit, co-starring Sammy Stewart in the role of Jim Palmer.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

56 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

kawhi-leonard-raptors.jpg

I would say DeMar in a Spurs jersey is more wrong than Leonard in a Raptors.

But, then again ... who knows how Leonard will be in one?

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

46 minutes ago, kimball said:

I would say DeMar in a Spurs jersey is more wrong than Leonard in a Raptors.

But, then again ... who knows how Leonard will be in one?

Was DeMar ever a Finals MVP with Toronto? No. This is much more wrong for Leonard, who will likely wear this for one season at most. 

On 7/17/2018 at 5:27 PM, bucky_bleichert said:

Ward04-05Toppsgold32-99.jpg

I had no idea this ever happened. Or that he played until 2004!

So which is Ward's correct uniform?

This?

ward_charlie2.jpg

Or this?

CharlieWard.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

CharlieWard.jpg

This for sure!,

but I’m gonna have to disagree with @BJ Sands on Kawhi, it’s more wrong for Demar to be in a spurs jersey, he actually liked being in Toronto, and was the face of the team for years, while Kawhi shared the spotlight with San Antonio’s elders during his success, and wanted out.

• Like 1

Excellent!

Another piece in the Spurs-Raptors trade... I don't have a picture of Danny Green in a Raptors jersey, but we can agree that this is the wrong uniform for him:

Danny-Greencavs.jpg

• Like 1
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I had no idea this ever happened. Or that he played until 2004!

So which is Ward's correct uniform?

This?

ward_charlie2.jpg

Or this?

CharlieWard.jpg

Ward had a 12 year career in the NBA, ten of them with the Knicks. versus what was basically a 2 year career as a football player at Florida State. 

The Knicks is most certainly his RIGHT uniform. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Ward had a 12 year career in the NBA, ten of them with the Knicks. versus what was basically a 2 year career as a football player at Florida State. 

The Knicks is most certainly his RIGHT uniform. 

Ward also won a Heisman Trophy as a Seminole, so I wouldn't exactly say his football uniform is wrong.

Ward%20Heisman%20012717

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

This for sure!,

but I’m gonna have to disagree with @BJ Sands on Kawhi, it’s more wrong for Demar to be in a spurs jersey, he actually liked being in Toronto, and was the face of the team for years, while Kawhi shared the spotlight with San Antonio’s elders during his success, and wanted out.

DeMar is going to be in that jersey for three years, Kawhi just one before he likely bolts to the Lakers. And Kawhi is one of the biggest names in basketball and won a Finals MVP with the Spurs. DeMar is pretty good, but his biggest playoff moments are laying bricks for a team that's never been to a Finals.

• Like 1