Players in the "wrong" uniforms

20 hours ago, fgoodwin said:

Tommy McDonald (RIP) as a Dallas Cowboy

s-l1600.jpg

Here's McDonald as a Ram and a Falcon- note his trademark lack of a facemask, even in the late 60s:

tommy-mcdonald-los-angeles-rams-hof-98-s

McDonald-with-no-facemask-1967-e14105735

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 9/12/2018 at 1:52 PM, insert name said:

Man was only in his 30s. People sure looked older back then. 

I have an acquantence, who had an interesting theory, he said the decline in the use of Tobacco products might be a cause in people looking younger at older ages.

• Like 1

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

10 hours ago, Davidellias said:

I have an acquantence, who had an interesting theory, he said the decline in the use of Tobacco products might be a cause in people looking younger at older ages.

That probably is related. Smoking rates have gone way down since then. A lot of current NFL players use chewing tobacco, but that doesn't cause the characteristic lines on the face that smoking does.

Outside of Team USA’s 2004 red alternate, a handful of Western Conference All-Star jerseys or the Knicks’ short-lived orange alternate (which were at least somewhat reminscisent of his Syracuse days), Carmelo has been on teams whose uniforms heavily featured some shade of blue (Nuggets, Knicks, Thunder). The Rockets’ red and silver (or red and black) uniforms will take a bit to get used to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

The hats i understand, the jerseys make no sense.

I love the idea of hats in other local colors. I have a Rays cap in FSU garnet and gold that they sold at the team store alongside UF orange/blue, USF green/gold, and UCF black/gold.

But yeah, I would not buy a Rays jersey with Stamkos #91 on the back.

• Like 1
3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

34 minutes ago, clonewars2008 said:

When you think of Paul you think more Lions than Riders as he won 2 Grey Cups with them from 2006-2014
2006-brokengreycup.jpg
McCallum-Grey-Cup.jpeg

Where when you think of his time with the Riders this moment comes to mind:
cfl-roughriders-lions-topix.jpg

Honestly, even though he won those 2 Cups with the Lions, I would say he's one of those rare players that have two right teams.  He did spend a lot of good years playing for the Riders.  Rider fans might want to forget about him for missing that kick.

53 minutes ago, M4One said:

Honestly, even though he won those 2 Cups with the Lions, I would say he's one of those rare players that have two right teams.  He did spend a lot of good years playing for the Riders.  Rider fans might want to forget about him for missing that kick.

My Dad will never forgive him, but you might be right that he has two right teams.

zyyMk1d.png

I'm on a hockey forum with a similar thread and my criteria is always:  you associate a player with one or two teams during his career, and at the end of his career he plays for one or a few different teams for a brief time and looks completely out of place in that uniform.  For me, criteria that do not apply are pics of the player in pre-NHL uniforms (minors, pee-wee, etc.) or in international competition uniforms, or in old-timer or similar charity event uniforms.  I also do allow for WHA uniforms.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet so I hope some of my postings aren't duplicates, but I have many...

Harmon Killebrew

harmon-killebrew-royals.jpg

Boog Powell

96a0d5d6bc7d43dfd9eab7a5e58fe72b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...