larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 2/20/2019 at 6:30 PM, ZipperClub said:

the-kaepernick-icon-jersey-mens-football

the-kaepernick-icon-jersey-mens-football

I understand they wanted/needed to make a generic jersey, but this is basically a Raiders jersey and the average person is going to think it's one. At least make the name and numbers white.

5 hours ago, Point1 said:

chagelin_lakings.jpg

OHMYGOD I would have never thought... THAT GUY... would be in a Kings jersey!  To me, That Guy will always be a member of another team.

5 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

cassell.jpeg

Sam Cassell started off as a Houston Rocket.

To me, that's the jersey he should be remembered for wearing. Won two titles with Houston.

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

To me, that's the jersey he should be remembered for wearing. Won two titles with Houston.

I always remember him as a Bucks player

10 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

I always remember him as a Bucks player

I don’t think he has a wrong team, he left a tiny impact on all of them

16 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

I don’t think he has a wrong team, he left a tiny impact on all of them

I'd say the Rockets were his biggest impact. Not necessarily his biggest playing time, but actually having a specific role and doing it well to help the team win.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:49 PM, M4One said:

930c3cf673d5fe038d0f6a706700bace.jpg?wid

Gordie! Howe on the left.  No idea who on the right.  Sharks should go back to that shade of teal.  

The sharks should really just go back to that Jersey set. Feels balanced. Shoehorning in orange and that terrible logo update really screwed up their look.

Related image

These don't really look that wrong right now, but i'd bet that once these jerseys develop an association to playing without Lebron, these jerseys will probably look a lot weirder on him than right now 

Which begs the question, which is LeBron’s correct jersey?

I’d choose Miami’s set, because that’s where he was most successful. If you choose Cleveland, you presumably have to pick the black-sleeved jersey he won a championship in — which is unfortunate. The rest of that set was probably the worst of his two Cavalier tenures. And you’re certainly not going to choose Los Angeles, at least not anytime soon. 

9 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Which begs the question, which is LeBron’s correct jersey?

I’d choose Miami’s set, because that’s where he was most successful. If you choose Cleveland, you presumably have to pick the black-sleeved jersey he won a championship in — which is unfortunate. The rest of that set was probably the worst of his two Cavalier tenures. And you’re certainly not going to choose Los Angeles, at least not anytime soon. 

Personally, I’ll always associate him with Cleveland because I feel he should’ve been a Cav for life (but that’s another debate🤬). First thing that comes to mind is the wine and metallic gold with navy accents of his first run there. Second is the other Cavs sets he wore, then Miami. And I don’t care if he plays the next 20 years in Los Angeles, he’ll never be a Laker in my mind

I was a big fan of the wine and metallic gold era, especially the navy blue alternate they added a few years later. I might say *that* is what comes to mind when I think of LeBron. Just hard to go against the success he had with the Heat.

I think Heat because they wore one set of uniforms during his time there. The three uniforms of the two Cavs eras kind of split the vote, so to speak. 

Hard to believe the Heat have been wearing the same uniforms (aside from the league-high number of alternates during the LeBron years and Nike’s new batch of alternates) for nearly 20 years.