Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 6/15/2019 at 12:42 PM, Davidellias said:

Robert Parrish at Golden State

a7ee08e97d6125c87fb1146864d90d04.jpg

I always found Robert Parish in a Hornets jersey the most jarring, especially considering they came along 12 years into his career.

It's just sooooooooooooo wrong.

6b3a8e00ce8bf72e00e6b998a6d9485e.jpg

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, joshey said:

Too soon?

spacer.png

I actually see him more in a Raptors uniform just given all of the exposure this season and the championship being so recent. That, along with his long absence from the Spurs. But no wrong uniform really for this guy yet, but we'll wait and see what happens with the Clippers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

I agree, the Kawhi take is a bad one. It can’t be a wrong uniform if the player not only won a championship but was the Finals MVP

Sure it can be... even if in this case it's not.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Sure it can be... even if in this case it's not.

Exactly.  The Colorado Avalanche is obviously the wrong uniform for Ray Bourque, even though he won The Cup there.  He played (playoffs included) almost 1,700 games as a Bruin, and about 125 games with the Avs.  If he would have won the Conn Smythe as well, does that suddenly make it the right uniform for him?   

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

Bourque and Kawhi are not an apples to apples comparison. Bourque was fine with the Avs but just a piece. Kawhi was the reason the Raptors won. 

I wasn't comparing Bourque to Kawhi at all.  I was just pointing out an example of how someone could win a championship in a 'wrong' uniform.

7 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

I agree, the Kawhi take is a bad one. It can’t be a wrong uniform if the player not only won a championship but was the Finals MVP. 

I would agree with this if the player has significant time spent on multiple teams. Suppose something happened where Kobe in his final season instead played for the Heat and won a championship. Seeing him in a Heat jersey would just seem wrong. Or something like Tom Brady playing one final season for any other team and still winning a Super Bowl. (But on the other hand, I actually don't find Peyton's Bronco jersey "wrong.")

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Quillz said:

I would agree with this if the player has significant time spent on multiple teams. Suppose something happened where Kobe in his final season instead played for the Heat and won a championship. Seeing him in a Heat jersey would just seem wrong. Or something like Tom Brady playing one final season for any other team and still winning a Super Bowl. (But on the other hand, I actually don't find Peyton's Bronco jersey "wrong.")

I think he spent a good amount of time with the team so I wouldn’t count it as “wrong”. 

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

6 minutes ago, insert name said:

I think he spent a good amount of time with the team so I wouldn’t count it as “wrong”. 

That's exactly what I said. He was with the Broncos long enough (and took them to two Super Bowls) that I can easily identify him with the Broncos as quickly as the Colts. But if, say, Tom Brady went to the Chiefs and won a Super Bowl, it would feel wrong to me. So it's always situational.