larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 6/3/2019 at 9:38 PM, mcj882000 said:

I'd be very surprised if this hasn't been posted here already, but since he's currently playing in the Stanley Cup Finals: 

cut.jpg

Zdeno Chara in his rookie season; he played 25 games with the Islanders in 1997-98, their 3rd & last season in the notorious fishstick jerseys. I may be wrong, but unless there's someone I'm forgetting, Chara is the final active player who wore those things in a game.

(as I typed this post Chara blocked a shot with his mouth and had to leave the game... Fisherman's curse? 😮)

Do you have a pic of this guy in the actual Gorton’s jersey?

2 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

Do you have a pic of this guy in the actual Gorton’s jersey?

Not likely. Chara first played in the 1997-98 season. The fisherman logo was retired after the 96-97 season. The 97-98 season, they wore the fisherman jerseys with the classic logo exclusively. I doubt there's even a picture of him with a jersey at the draft since he went in the third round.

21 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

And on the topic of Chris Paul in Oklahoma City...

122.jpg

But is a hornets jersey his “right” uniform?

14 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

But is a hornets jersey his “right” uniform?

That’s the first one that comes up when I think of him, immediately followed by the clippers.

This player spent a lot of years in a Laker uniform.  Spent one year a little farther north on the West Coast.

spacer.png

Another one for CFL fans.

It is such a wrong uniform, you can barely find a photos of this Canadian Football Hall of Fame quarterback legend in this uniform.

Tom Clements with the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 1979.

spacer.png

Ordinarily one-off jerseys wouldn't qualify, but the Mets are already Hershiser's wrong team, so...

Trent Dilfer

72461418.0.jpg

This could also go to the Right team wrong uniform thread too.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, kimball said:

I always found Robert Parish in a Hornets jersey the most jarring, especially considering they came along 12 years into his career.

It's just sooooooooooooo wrong.

6b3a8e00ce8bf72e00e6b998a6d9485e.jpg

This happened too:

robert-parish-of-the-chicago-bulls-shoot

14 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

This happened too:

robert-parish-of-the-chicago-bulls-shoot

Yet, I’m fine with it, because it’s at least a traditional jersey design and colors. Odd, but not as jarring as him in a Hornets’ jersey.

10 hours ago, kimball said:

Yet, I’m fine with it, because it’s at least a traditional jersey design and colors. Odd, but not as jarring as him in a Hornets’ jersey.

I'm in agreement with you. It was certainly less jarring than the Hornets uniform, which made it seem like he was a middle-aged person trying to masquerade as a high schooler.

1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

I'm in agreement with you. It was certainly less jarring than the Hornets uniform, which made it seem like he was a middle-aged person trying to masquerade as a high schooler.

EXACTLY!

5 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

It reminds me of a 45 year old Charlie Hough wearing teal in 1993.

5vKJUb6.jpg

8 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I had similar thoughts about a lady I saw on the bus a few days back...like a high schooler or coed got hit by an aging beam while she was waiting.

Two teammates who belong in BC Lions orange, but both wearing green this year.

Solomon Elimimian spent all 7 of his prior CFL seasons as a BC Lion.  Now with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

spacer.png

Emmanuel Arceneaux spent all 8 of his prior CFL seasons with the Lions.  Still not used to seeing him in Roughrider green this year.

spacer.png