Players in the "wrong" uniforms

2 hours ago, FamousAtticus said:

JJ Watt (although a practice jersey)

spacer.png

I didn't realize they still used the 'equipment' mark.  I thought that was exclusively a RBK thing.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

It's not really a "wrong" uniform, but I couldn't find the thread for "I can't believe he wore this uniform."

0eded1c0-b775-49bf-9c69-c55671bcf0b5_1.e

Deion Sanders wore the BFBS Reds uniforms for 32 games in 2001. It just stuck me as odd - Deion Sanders playing baseball seems like such a "early-mid 1990s" thing, and the BFBS Reds duds seem like such a 2000s thing. I had no idea Deion played baseball as late as 2001.

• Like 10

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

On 1/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

He was a big part of the Battle of Ontario in the early 2000s as a Senator. Maybe you're too young to remember? Either way, he played 8 (EIGHT) seasons with those two teams and he has always been the tallest player in the NHL so it's not like he was a complete unknown on those teams, and by the time he got to Ottawa he was a very solid D-man. He doesn't really belong in this thread, sorry.

Sorry for quoting an 8 month old post, but Chara was my favourite player when he was in Ottawa, and the first jersey I ever owned was the original red 3D jersey with his name & number on the back, so I figured I should give my two cents.

At the time he was traded, Chara was starting to develop into a decent shut-down defenseman, but nobody was projecting him to become a 40-50 point Norris caliber player. If you ask most casual fans, they wouldn't even realize that he played for the Islanders.

Yes, he definitely had a lot of success during his time in Ottawa, but he played over 1000 games in Boston, was the captain for every single one of them, won the Cup, and got his Norris while he was there. It's just a matter of time before 33 hangs in the roster of TD Garden.

So yes, he does belong in this thread.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Sorry for quoting an 8 month old post, but Chara was my favourite player when he was in Ottawa, and the first jersey I ever owned was the original red 3D jersey with his name & number on the back, so I figured I should give my two cents.

At the time he was traded, Chara was starting to develop into a decent shut-down defenseman, but nobody was projecting him to become a 40-50 point Norris caliber player. If you ask most casual fans, they wouldn't even realize that he played for the Islanders.

Yes, he definitely had a lot of success during his time in Ottawa, but he played over 1000 games in Boston, was the captain for every single one of them, won the Cup, and got his Norris while he was there. It's just a matter of time before 33 hangs in the roster of TD Garden.

So yes, he does belong in this thread.

I'm not as up to speed on hockey as other sports, so I have no recollection of Chara with anybody other than the Bruins. To educate myself, I looked him up, and was shocked to see he started his playing career in the late- to mid-90s. 

I know hockey players tend to have longer careers than athletes in other sports, but it still blows my mind to consider that someone playing today was also playing professionally while I was in college 25 years ago. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

hi-res-a5cae52921b496448239d023fda8c7a7_

Cam Newton - Florida Gator

• Like 4
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

If Stafford can manage to get the Rams to the Super Bowl and win (which is doable this year) I would argue this is will end up being his right uniform

I have nothing against Stafford, but I hope to god that he doesn't win a Super Bowl in these uniforms because I don't want to ever have to see these uniforms again.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt