Players in the "wrong" uniforms

As a very quick aside on this topic. How in years to come are people going to feel about Kevin Garnett's years in Boston? I mean, without finally getting a championship in Boston, he would be a shoo in for this topic, but I kind of think of Garnett as a Celtic now, not a T-wolf seeing out his final years in the wrong uniform.

He fit in so well and quickly as a Celtics, it seems like he was destined to be in green.

KG in a Timberwolves uniform looks like a legend in the wrong uniform to me now.

Its odd isn't it, because I would sort of agree with you. But I think its interesting that Garnett seems like a man living out his destiny with a ring in Boston, whereas say Ray Bourque has to go to Colorado to win the Stanley Cup, but he will be forever a Bruin to a lot of people, I think.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

As a very quick aside on this topic. How in years to come are people going to feel about Kevin Garnett's years in Boston? I mean, without finally getting a championship in Boston, he would be a shoo in for this topic, but I kind of think of Garnett as a Celtic now, not a T-wolf seeing out his final years in the wrong uniform.

He fit in so well and quickly as a Celtics, it seems like he was destined to be in green.

KG in a Timberwolves uniform looks like a legend in the wrong uniform to me now.

Its odd isn't it, because I would sort of agree with you. But I think its interesting that Garnett seems like a man living out his destiny with a ring in Boston, whereas say Ray Bourque has to go to Colorado to win the Stanley Cup, but he will be forever a Bruin to a lot of people, I think.

I've actually always been curious about this. Does anyone in Boston hate Ray for leaving for a chance at the Cup? The guy bled black and gold, stayed when others left. Carried the team when it needed it. So, who hates the guy for wanting to get his and call it a career? And let's be honest, it ended his career when he got what he wanted. He didn't stick around and continue to stick it in the back for Bruins fans.

340x.jpg

Ray Bourque

teemuselanne.jpg

Teemu Selanne

040106_kariya_vmed_11a.widec.jpg

Paul Kariya

Kariya and Selanne are definately wrong jerseys. However I can buy the argument to an extent that Bourque is not in a "wrong jersey" when considering the story behind it and what happened in his last game as a member of the Avalanche.

-Dan

I love the fact that Ray was able to finish his career and finally get his hands on the Cup with the Avs, but you've gotta keep in mind that the guy was a Bruin for over two decades.

6uXNWAo.png

340x.jpg

Ray Bourque

teemuselanne.jpg

Teemu Selanne

040106_kariya_vmed_11a.widec.jpg

Paul Kariya

Kariya and Selanne are definately wrong jerseys. However I can buy the argument to an extent that Bourque is not in a "wrong jersey" when considering the story behind it and what happened in his last game as a member of the Avalanche.

-Dan

I love the fact that Ray was able to finish his career and finally get his hands on the Cup with the Avs, but you've gotta keep in mind that the guy was a Bruin for over two decades.

I was just about to say, you really think that a guy looks right in a jersey that he only played the last season and-a-half of his career in? Compared to a jersey that he wore for 20 years?

I've actually always been curious about this. Does anyone in Boston hate Ray for leaving for a chance at the Cup? The guy bled black and gold, stayed when others left. Carried the team when it needed it. So, who hates the guy for wanting to get his and call it a career? And let's be honest, it ended his career when he got what he wanted. He didn't stick around and continue to stick it in the back for Bruins fans.

You'd be hard pressed to find a guy around here that hates Ray for going to Colorado. We all knew the Bruins weren't going to give him what he so desperately wanted, and deserved after all those years, so if leaving was his best option, then he did the right thing. It's not like he had a full tank left, it would've been different if he did. He was at the end of his career.

IIRC he actually brought the Cup back to Boston for a day.

I started at the end and worked my way back to page 22...can't take it any more. (Too much Favre turning my tummy.)

So how 'bout this?

0314_large.jpg

Wait, he actually played? I thought he had a minor-league contract for a few days or something.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Nice cheap a$$ jersey Flyers!

-Dan

While that jersey is clearly a cheap replica (can tell by the crest), remember that back in the '80s, some authentic jerseys were that type of mesh (the Rangers were wide mesh for quite a while.)

IIRC, the Flyers had wide mesh in the early '80s (when they were made by Eagle I think) and then went to the 100% poly (like baseball jersey material) until Air Knit became en vogue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I started at the end and worked my way back to page 22...can't take it any more. (Too much Favre turning my tummy.)

So how 'bout this?

0314_large.jpg

Wait, he actually played? I thought he had a minor-league contract for a few days or something.

.202 with 3 HR, 51 RBI, 30 SB, and 11 errors

Well, he did actually play the game unlike the few other celebrities who showed up for a day of Spring Training that are in this thread.

I'm also going to add:

Jordan_Scorpians.jpg

Michael Jordon playing for the Scottsdale Scorpions of the Fall League.

Nice cheap a$$ jersey Flyers!

-Dan

While that jersey is clearly a cheap replica (can tell by the crest), remember that back in the '80s, some authentic jerseys were that type of mesh (the Rangers were wide mesh for quite a while.)

IIRC, the Flyers had wide mesh in the early '80s (when they were made by Eagle I think) and then went to the 100% poly (like baseball jersey material) until Air Knit became en vogue.

Heck, didn't the Penguins have a screened on / heat applied logo in the early to mid 80s?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012