Players in the "wrong" uniforms

M_Faulk_STL.jpg

Ummm...Faulk played more years as a Ram, set all those ridiculous offensive records as a Ram, won a ring as a Ram, most likely played his way into the Hall as a Ram, and will likely be remembered by most as a Ram.

Unless you specifically mean that particular uniform is the "wrong" one, I'm going to have to dispute your claim here.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

M_Faulk_STL.jpg

Ummm...Faulk played more years as a Ram, set all those ridiculous offensive records as a Ram, won a ring as a Ram, most likely played his way into the Hall as a Ram, and will likely be remembered by most as a Ram.

Unless you specifically mean that particular uniform is the "wrong" one, I'm going to have to dispute your claim here.

they need to go back to those full time

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

M_Faulk_STL.jpg

they need to go back to those full time

I said it when they announced those as throwbacks. If they're going to play like the Banks-era Rams, they might as well look like them. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If they're gonna go back to em full time...at least make the horn go all the way down like it does on the current helmets. Right there it really looks odd with it stopping before it gets all the way down. And make the blue in the helmet match the blue in the uniform, too.

And on topic, Marshall Faulk as a Ram isn't really wrong at all. Marshall Faulk as a Colt isn't wrong either...just rare.

This is a different take on the topic but I always hate seeing Clarke in this jersey:

clarke.jpg

-Dan

OMFG - does that P have a black outline around it, or is that just an optical illusion caused by the texture? I don't recall there ever being an outline around that version of the P.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

M_Faulk_STL.jpg

I'm gonna have to agree with rams80 on this one. Faulk won Super Bowl XXXIV in those uniforms for goodness sake!

6uXNWAo.png

M_Faulk_STL.jpg

I'm gonna have to agree with rams80 on this one. Faulk won Super Bowl XXXIV in those uniforms for goodness sake!

I do mean that specific uniform, not a Rams uniform in general, I do believe he only played one season in them.

M_Faulk_STL.jpg

I do mean that specific uniform, not a Rams uniform in general, I do believe he only played one season in them.

You probably would have been better off just posting Faulk in this....

faulk_ind.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

This is a different take on the topic but I always hate seeing Clarke in this jersey:

clarke.jpg

-Dan

OMFG - does that P have a black outline around it, or is that just an optical illusion caused by the texture? I don't recall there ever being an outline around that version of the P.

its not an optical illusion, its a genuine black outline.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

clarke.jpg

-Dan

How can you be certain? I really don't think it's black. I remember as a kid around that era, one of the things that made me take closer notice of sports uniforms was how the Authentic Flyers jerseys didn't have the black outline, but the replicas did. I always wanted an authentic, but they were around $80 IIRC (and didn't come in little-kid sizes), so I had to settle for a replica. I actually tried to cut the black outline off of the patch with scissors... didn't work too well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

-Dan

How can you be certain? I really don't think it's black. I remember as a kid around that era, one of the things that made me take closer notice of sports uniforms was how the Authentic Flyers jerseys didn't have the black outline, but the replicas did. I always wanted an authentic, but they were around $80 IIRC (and didn't come in little-kid sizes), so I had to settle for a replica. I actually tried to cut the black outline off of the patch with scissors... didn't work too well.

although on further inspection, it might be the effect of an embroider. which is what it looks like.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I didnt feel like looking through the thread to see if these had been posted but here are a few:

Mats Sundin

sundin_canucks_courtesy_400.jpg

Wendel Clark

clark_032499r.jpg

apwclark.jpg

wclark94-1.jpg

I couldnt find any good pics of Clark with the Lightning or the Hawks. Clark is a Leaf legend.

Curtis Joseph

33-42625-P.jpg

joseph_curtis051027.jpg

Paul Coffey

CoffeyCar.jpg

beLEAF