Players in the "wrong" uniforms

So if the L.A. beats Detroit in '04, you would associate Karl Malone with the Lakers more than you would the Jazz?

Heck no! To me, this is one of the weirdest photos to look at in the World of Sports....

040311_karlMalone_vmed_11p.widec.jpg

Its odd isn't it. I brought up KG earlier as a Celtic. But I think there is a difference. I think Malone winning a championship with LA would have been more akin to Ray Bourque winning a cup with the Avalanche, than KG in Boston. I think that Malone went to LA to win a championship, rather than to lead a team to the championship, which is more akin to what KG did. And KG has immersed himself in the Celtics now. You always had the feeling Malone was just flying in to LA

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

So if the L.A. beats Detroit in '04, you would associate Karl Malone with the Lakers more than you would the Jazz?

Heck no! To me, this is one of the weirdest photos to look at in the World of Sports....

040311_karlMalone_vmed_11p.widec.jpg

Its odd isn't it. I brought up KG earlier as a Celtic. But I think there is a difference. I think Malone winning a championship with LA would have been more akin to Ray Bourque winning a cup with the Avalanche, than KG in Boston. I think that Malone went to LA to win a championship, rather than to lead a team to the championship, which is more akin to what KG did. And KG has immersed himself in the Celtics now. You always had the feeling Malone was just flying in to LA

I totally agree. LA ended up being a hiccup in his career. Although, there's a chance they might have pulled it together if he hadn't been injured in the Finals. All we can really do is speculate, but at least he retired as a Jazzman, whether it was a 1 day contract or not. :P

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Can we please just go ahead and change the name of this thread already?

(Or, at the very least, split it into "legends" and "favoritest players from favoritest teams" or something like that...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Curtis Joseph

33-42625-P.jpg

I wish more goalies did this with their pads (flipped the colours). I remember Martin Brodeur used to have one red and one black pad, and Martin Biron did it in 2005-06 with the Sabres.

Brodeur: http://www.comicscardsandmore.com/promos/omega2000.JPG

Biron: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...artin_Biron.jpg

Speaking of Brett Hull....

hullcoyotes01.jpg

Did here ever wear #9 in his very short Phoenix stint?

-Dan

Yep. He wore #16 for the first two games of the 2005-06 season and then at the Coyotes' home opener, Bobby Hull unretired #9. Brett wore it for the next three games before retiring.

Might not be a legend but it sure doesn't look right...

pat.jpg

I have no idea who that is.

Pat Burrell. The only thing he's legendary at is striking out and banging every cougar in the Deleware Valley. I've heard some very interesting stories from a girl I met that used to hook up with him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

madsen_lac.jpg

I was with Buc in renaming the thread, but after I saw this? F*** it. Just shut the whole damn thing down. The is the "Legends in the wrong uniforms" thread...and this motherf***er posts Mark "I didn't know he was still in NBA" Madsen.

This s*** didn't just jump the shark, it jumped all the sharks...San Jose Sharks, Iron Chef Shark, Jets and Sharks, the Jersey Shore Shark attacks of 1916, and even those 3 mechanical sharks from the "Jaws" flicks.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Pat Burrell. The only thing he's legendary at is striking out and banging every cougar in the Deleware Valley. I've heard some very interesting stories from a girl I met that used to hook up with him.

If you're in your thirties when you bang 'em, are they still cougars anymore?

Not that I won't stop trying, mind you...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Might not be a legend but it sure doesn't look right...

pat.jpg

I have no idea who that is.

I was going to guess Dean Cain...

On another note, I think we need to retitle this thread "Mildy successful (or maybe not) players in uniforms we are not accustomed to seeing them in"