Players in the "wrong" uniforms

amd_obama-sox.jpg

I'm a ChiSox fan and that sight makes me cringe every time.

Do you have any idea how many ignorant rednecks are Packers fans? grow up dude...

Wow...no need for the racism, "dude"! :D

Ignorant rednecks are now a race?

Or, did you mean that packer fans are now a race?

There was no racism in what the poster said about cringing after seeing Obama in a ChiSox jersey.

People need to get off the "everything is racist if you say anything about Obama". Maybe he cringes because Obama's left-handed. Who knows....? That is just as silly a statement as saying the OP is racist because he cringes seeing Obama in a ChiSox jersey and cap. Grow up.

Figured that since this thread got back to the top, I'd explain my point...

Basically, I think it's rather petty and ridiculous to "cringe" simply because the politics or culture (or lack thereof) of someone else who happens to be a fan of the same team as you. If I can still manage to be a Packers fan despite being much too aware that it puts me amongst the ranks of MANY northwoods dwelling hicks who drop the n-bomb like it's still 1929 and think killing is a recreational activity, then I don't see why the OP should care that Obama is a Sox fan.

Maybe he perceives Obama as having affected his White Sox fandom as an effort to ingratiate himself to a community that isn't particularly welcoming of political outsiders. He wasn't a churchgoing Christian till he had to persuade South Siders to vote for him, either.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is it just me or did the Matsui signing fly under the radar.

-Dan

Completely. I had no idea. I guess it was overshadowed by the Halladay / Lee deals.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's not even players in the wrong uniforms anymore, it's just "people wearing or holding stuff with team logos on them or something like that" but that's too long for a viable topic title.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Maybe he perceives Obama as having affected his White Sox fandom as an effort to ingratiate himself to a community that isn't particularly welcoming of political outsiders. He wasn't a churchgoing Christian till he had to persuade South Siders to vote for him, either.

He "affected" his Sox fandom throughout his presidential run too and I have a hard time believing he expected that to win him any votes. Maybe he just really REALLY likes the Sox?

That said, Scott Walker (A-1 sleazebag and candidate for Governor of Wisconsin) was outside of Lambeau a couple weeks ago decked out head-to-toe in Packers gear in a sorry attept to show what a "regular guy" he is. I'd be shocked if he could actually name a single player on the roster besides Aaron Rodgers or Donald Driver, but it doesn't make me cringe because I understand he's a politcian doing what politicans do... pandering to morons. What does make me cringe is the idea that someone may actually be stupid enough to think "I'm gonna vote for Scott Walker because Aaron Rodgers kicks ass!!!" or just the idea of Walker being Governor at all really, but because he happens to put on green & gold every now and then... seriously?

He "affected" his Sox fandom throughout his presidential run too and I have a hard time believing he expected that to win him any votes. Maybe he just really REALLY likes the Sox?

That said, Scott Walker (A-1 sleazebag and candidate for Governor of Wisconsin) was outside of Lambeau a couple weeks ago decked out head-to-toe in Packers gear in a couple weeks ago in a sorry attept to show what a "regular guy" he is. I'd be shocked if he could actually name a single player on the roster besides Aaron Rodgers or Donald Driver, but it doesn't make me cringe because I understand he's a politcian doing what politicans do... pandering to morons. What does make me cringe is the idea that someone may actually be stupid enough to think "I'm gonna vote for Scott Walker because Aaron Rodgers kicks ass!!!" or just the idea of Walker being Governor at all really, but because he happens to put on green & gold every now and then... seriously?

Of course the worst piece of sports related political pandering, at least in America, that I can think of was when Giuliani, a guy who has made a lot of political capital out of being a Yankees fan, said he was rooting for the Red Sox in the World Series in 07, months before the NH primary.

Obama strikes me as a pretty genuine sports fan, he does seem to know what he is talking about when he talks sport. He looked pretty natural wearing a White Sox shirt, not like its the first time he has ever put on a baseball shirt. And its not like he said 'I support the White Sox and Cubs' he nailed his colors properly to the White Sox mast.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Of course the worst piece of sports related political pandering, at least in America, that I can think of was when Giuliani, a guy who has made a lot of political capital out of being a Yankees fan, said he was rooting for the Red Sox in the World Series in 07, months before the NH primary.
On the bright side, it wound up being a 1-for-1 swap!

_39869415_yanks203.jpg

That said, Scott Walker (A-1 sleazebag and candidate for Governor of Wisconsin) was outside of Lambeau a couple weeks ago decked out head-to-toe in Packers gear in a sorry attept to show what a "regular guy" he is. I'd be shocked if he could actually name a single player on the roster besides Aaron Rodgers or Donald Driver, but it doesn't make me cringe because I understand he's a politcian doing what politicans do... pandering to morons. What does make me cringe is the idea that someone may actually be stupid enough to think "I'm gonna vote for Scott Walker because Aaron Rodgers kicks ass!!!" or just the idea of Walker being Governor at all really, but because he happens to put on green & gold every now and then... seriously?

The classic case:

Hillary+Cubs.JPGHillaryClinton01.gifhillaryhat_061199twp.jpgyankees_cap_hillary_clinton.jpg

Just for one more laugh:

cubs.jpg

87Redskins.png

On the bright side, it wound up being a 1-for-1 swap!

_39869415_yanks203.jpg

Hillary in any kind of baseball cap just looks awkward! thdoh.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg