Players in the "wrong" uniforms

When I think of Johnny Damon, I don't think "Man, what a true Royal." I think of him as being with the Idiots on the Red Sox. Like it or not, his glory days were with Boston. People will remember for the beard and being the catalyst for the Red Sox for their curse-breaking 2004 season.

I'm not forcing you to think like me. You can think that his one "true" team is the Rays for all I care. I'm simply stating that I think he'll be remembered as a member of the Red Sox first and foremost. That's how I'll remember him.

I agree with this notion too. When I think of Johnny Damon, I think of him as a Red Sox with that big hair and beard. WWJDD?

And also these ones of Johnny Damon and Manny Ramirez

johnny-damon-detroit-tigers-f756c6401030d5b3_medium.jpg

johnny-damon.p1.jpg

DEH-MLB-02252011-Tampa-Bay-Rays-040.jpg

103856886_display_image.jpg?1296161118

johnny-damon-rays-mlb.jpg

Always Red Sox to me.

Damon doesn't have 1 team. He was drafted and spent 6 seasons in KC. He won a championship in both New York and Boston, spending 4 seasons in each city. I believe I heard a few weeks ago he said he would want to go into the HOF as a Royal, if he got it.

When I think of Johnny Damon, I don't think "Man, what a true Royal." I think of him as being with the Idiots on the Red Sox. Like it or not, his glory days were with Boston. People will remember for the beard and being the catalyst for the Red Sox for their curse-breaking 2004 season.

I'm not forcing you to think like me. You can think that his one "true" team is the Rays for all I care. I'm simply stating that I think he'll be remembered as a member of the Red Sox first and foremost. That's how I'll remember him.

Well, you're a Red Sox fan, so that's not surprising, I'm a Yankee fan,I don't think of him as a Yankees, I think of him as a journey man.... Who spent big chunks of his career in 3 cities, and short stops in 2 other cities. And when you say "glory days" what does that even mean? He arguably had better years in New York, his OPS is higher in NY than it was in Boston, and he won a championship, and was a big part of both, in New York and Boston.

080107_alfie.jpgalfie+canada.jpg

So forgotten underneath the whole entire 'Emery and McGrattan beating up one another' brouh-ha-ha was Daniel Alfredsson honouring his bet with Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk.

The two had placed a friendly wager on Saturday’s gold-medal game at the world junior hockey championship between Canada and Sweden. Had Canada lost, Melnyk had agreed to wear a gold Sweden jersey for one period during the Senators’ Jan. 17 home game against the Carolina Hurricanes.

Of course his teammates had to rub it in a little bit, with Jason Spezza saying his "heart looked bigger today" and Ray Emery noting he played with a lot more grit.

Link

:flagcanada:

OttawaSenators.png

johnny-damon.p1.jpg

Always Red Sox to me.

Damon doesn't have 1 team. He was drafted and spent 6 seasons in KC. He won a championship in both New York and Boston, spending 4 seasons in each city. I believe I heard a few weeks ago he said he would want to go into the HOF as a Royal, if he got it.

Well, you're a Red Sox fan, so that's not surprising, I'm a Yankee fan,I don't think of him as a Yankees, I think of him as a journey man.... Who spent big chunks of his career in 3 cities, and short stops in 2 other cities. And when you say "glory days" what does that even mean? He arguably had better years in New York, his OPS is higher in NY than it was in Boston, and he won a championship, and was a big part of both, in New York and Boston.

as a phillies fan i always think of damon as a red sox player.

21dh5qp.png

johnny-damon.p1.jpg

Always Red Sox to me.

as a phillies fan i always think of damon as a red sox player.

Agreed, as an O's fan I think of Damon as a Red Sox player first and foremost. Maybe it's the beard, maybe it's because they broke the curse with him, I don't know. But I just remember seeing and hearing a lot more of/about him (personally) when he was in a BoSox uniform.

He is originally from Kansas though (not just MLB, but his actual life), which might explain why he would want to go to the HoF as a Royal. I guess. Still seems kind of silly though.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

maybe you guys are too young to remember, but he spent more years playing in KC than he did in Boston or New York. Even as a Yankee fan, I don't think of Reggie Jackson as a Yankee, he's an Oakland Athletic in my eyes.

That is completely irrelevant. He rose to prominence on a national level with Boston, and became a household name while with Boston. It's debatable whether he was better with Boston or NY, but it's not debatable that he established himself with the Red Sox and that's the image that the "average" person has of him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

maybe you guys are too young to remember, but he spent more years playing in KC than he did in Boston or New York. Even as a Yankee fan, I don't think of Reggie Jackson as a Yankee, he's an Oakland Athletic in my eyes.

That is completely irrelevant. He rose to prominence on a national level with Boston, and became a household name while with Boston. It's debatable whether he was better with Boston or NY, but it's not debatable that he established himself with the Red Sox and that's the image that the "average" person has of him.

This. I guess I'm biased because I'm a Red Sox fan, but when O's and Phils fans come forward, it only hammers home the point: Damon will more than likely be remembered with the Red Sox.

spacer.png

johnny-damon.p1.jpg

Always Red Sox to me.

Didn't Damon play for the A's too?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Here's one:

Michael Jack wearing #37. Not sure the story behind this one, but one version has his jersey getting stolen and he's wearing bullpen coach Hal King's jersey. Another has him wearing a Ryne Sandberg jersey (he wore 37 and you can tell the NOB ends in G) but that would put the picture a year too early to be on an '83 card.

einhco.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15Akers--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Anyone do dis?

I was never an Akers fan, but I did start to really feel for him when I heard about his daughter's problems and the fact that he got hoodwinked out of all of his money. I recently saw one of the billboards that he bought along I-95 thanking the fans for their support over the past 12 years. Guess he's a good dude. Wish him well in SF.

Brees 038.jpg

Eh, not really.

Yeah he's obviously had a ton of success in New Orleans, but I personally think it's still a little weird to see him in a Saints uniform sometimes.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I remember him in KC. It's probably because his personality was so much different and primetime in Boston, plus he had his best years there. I remember him making allstar games for the Sox, which I believe he never made with the Yanks or Royals. The A's are my second favorite team in baseball, so I remember well when the A's picked him up from the Royals and then he went to the Sox the next season.

It's just hard to forget this guy calling his team idiots.

100823_Johnny_Damon.jpg

He may have played most of his career in other cities but the guy made his mark in Boston.

21dh5qp.png

I'm not too young to remember, I remember watching Damon his rookie season when he looked like he was like 12 years old.

The fact is that his years in KC weren't his most impactful years in the majors. Most fans and players won't remember of him as a Royal first, and I think that's what really matters here.

Oh yeah, he played for DET too, I don't think that's been mentioned in this conversation yet.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED