UMass Alt Logo

gingerbreadmann

Well, I am redoing everything about UMass athletics when it comes to logos and football uniforms. Here is the first draft of the Alt Logo, I just wanted to get some feedback to see if I was heading in the right direction. Of course the colors could be changed if they are not exactly right or something. This is my first new real concept, and I am inexperienced at creating logos(I am better at uniforms) and this was made in Paint because I can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t think of a better way to make a logo. (Should I download Inkscape?). So, anyway, this is just a part of the redesign, C + C please! Thanks!

umassalt_vectorized.png

UPDATE: I redid it. This is more of what I had in mind for the primary(if I added more to it), but could be a wordmark. C&C!

UMass_Wordmark_vectorized.png

Well, I am redoing everything about UMass athletics when it comes to logos and football uniforms. Here is the first draft of the Alt Logo, I just wanted to get some feedback to see if I was heading in the right direction. Of course the colors could be changed if they are not exactly right or something. This is my first new real concept, and I am inexperienced at creating logos(I am better at uniforms) and this was made in Paint because I can\\\'t think of a better way to make a logo. (Should I download Inkscape?). So, anyway, this is just a part of the redesign, C + C please! Thanks!

umassalt_vectorized.png

Holy crap! It's redarmy (again)!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Holy crap! It\'s redarmy (again)!

Excuse my noobiness, but what is that?

There was this kid on the boards under the handle "theredarmy" who was notorious for, among other things, using slashes instead of apostrophes. He had a major meltdown one evening that led to his banning. Kind of funny in retrospect. If you have some time to kill, dig up his posts — it's worth a chuckle.

As for the logo itself ... I'm not feeling it. The blocky letters really don't do anything for me. From a distance, all it's going to look like is a two-toned red blob. Find a font that's more defined and easier to read, and start from there.

Holy crap! It\'s redarmy (again)!

Ummm....why did you add a slash into my quotation?

As for your question, redarmy is a former member who had trouble with the '/' key. His claim to fame is that he had one of the most memorable meltdowns in CCSLC history because he was refused a fantasy team.

Now, onto your concept. To tell you the truth, what you made is not an alternate logo. It's a wordmark. There's a big difference. I would just post all of the logos that you have created for this project (primary logo, alternate logo, wordmark) and let us C&C them. Then we can see if this wordmark fits in with the rest of your design. It's a lot easier than making seperate threads for all of them.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

As for your question, redarmy is a former member who had trouble with the slash key. His claim to fame is that he had one of the most memorable meltdowns in CCSLC history because he was refused a fantasy team.

Now, onto your concept. To tell you the truth, what you made is not an alternate logo. It is a wordmark. There is a big difference. I would just post all of the logos that you have created for this project (primary logo, alternate logo, wordmark) and let us C&C them. Then we can see if this wordmark fits in with the rest of your design. It is a lot easier than making seperate threads for all of them.

Sorry, I tried to delete the slash. My browser has gone nuts. Sorry for the inconvenience. (Notice I have not used any apostrophes below, and changed yours to avoid the problem)

Yeah, it is a wordmark-my mistake. I was not thinking. As for the other logos, I have them on paper but I am struggling to make them on the computer. It is hard for me; but I did not plan on making threads for all of them. Just initial C+C, as this is my first concept and all. Thanks for the feedback. I will make a new topic or something when (if) I finish.

Officeglenn- Really? It does not seem so to me. Thanks though, I will see what I can do. And BTW, it is not a font, I created the whole thing from scratch.

Holy crap! It\\\'s redarmy (again)!

As for your question, redarmy is a former member who had trouble with the \'/\' key. His claim to fame is that he had one of the most memorable meltdowns in CCSLC history because he was refused a fantasy team.

Now, onto your concept. To tell you the truth, what you made is not an alternate logo. It\'s a wordmark. There\'s a big difference. I would just post all of the logos that you have created for this project (primary logo, alternate logo, wordmark) and let us C&C them. Then we can see if this wordmark fits in with the rest of your design. It\'s a lot easier than making seperate threads for all of them.

Sorry, I tried to delete the slash

Yeah, it\'s a wordmark-my mistake. I wasn\'t thinking. As for the other logos, I have them on paper but I am struggling to make them on the computer. It is hard for me; but I didn\'t plan on making threads for all of them. Just initial C+C, as this is my first codcept and all. Thanks for the feedback. I will make a new topic or something when (if) I finish.

Officeglenn- Really? It doesn\'t seem so to me. Thanks though, I\'ll see what I can do. And BTW, it\'s not a font, I created the whole thing from scratch.

Why are you still putting "/"s in?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

As for your question, redarmy is a former member who had trouble with the \'/\' key. His claim to fame is that he had one of the most memorable meltdowns in CCSLC history because he was refused a fantasy team.

Now, onto your concept. To tell you the truth, what you made is not an alternate logo. It\'s a wordmark. There\'s a big difference. I would just post all of the logos that you have created for this project (primary logo, alternate logo, wordmark) and let us C&C them. Then we can see if this wordmark fits in with the rest of your design. It\'s a lot easier than making seperate threads for all of them.

Yeah, it\'s a wordmark-my mistake. I wasn\'t thinking. As for the other logos, I have them on paper but I am struggling to make them on the computer. It is hard for me; but I didn\'t plan on making threads for all of them. Just initial C+C, as this is my first codcept and all. Thanks for the feedback. I will make a new topic or something when (if) I finish.

Officeglenn- Really? It doesn\'t seem so to me. Thanks though, I\'ll see what I can do. And BTW, it\'s not a font, I created the whole thing from scratch.

That's not what I said to do, though. In fact, I said to do just the opposite. And quit adding slashes into all of my posts.

That's not what I said to do, though. In fact, I said to do just the opposite. And quit adding slashes into all of my posts.

Oh dear, this really shouldn't have been that funny, but I laughed my arse off right now...

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Okay please, it is not that funny, and is a browser bug. No need to get too worked up.(Okay, it is a bit funny.)

I swear, I did not intentionally try to put slashes into your quote. Why would I do that? I edited the post above, I explained it there.

Now please, can I get some feedback about the logo and not the browser bug?

This doesnt say minutemen to me. It screams "weird decal on the back of my dad's '87 Blazer."

I think that some work will be needed on this. I don't know what to suggest, perhaps change the font and the colors up a bit, but yeah. Thats seriously the first thing I thought when I saw it. It looked like those old decals on the backs of some 1980s-1990's trucks and other vehicles. In my case, it was my dads blazer and the decal, of course, said "BLAZER"

But in all seriousness, I think some tweaking is needed.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

the first one reminds me of the "Superbad" wordmark-thing

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

This really isn't a concept. This is just 'UMass Minutemen' written in a font that you didn't invent. You just typed it in and made the 'U' really big. Essentially, you posted a phrase, written in a decent-looking font. That is not a concept.

This really isn't a concept. This is just 'UMass Minutemen' written in a font that you didn't invent. You just typed it in and made the 'U' really big. Essentially, you posted a phrase, written in a decent-looking font. That is not a concept.

By that logic this is also an invalid as a concept for a wordmark.

Minutemen.gif

All I've done is used Sporty Script & Ephemera fonts and outlined them.

Are you saying all existing fonts are off limits when it comes to creating a wordmark, regardless of how plain it looks?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Thanks for the positive input koizim. I actually made the whole first logo from scratch in MS Paint, but I hardly could get anyone to respond to the actual logo, so I made another(Really, one of the only actual responses I got was to change the font) that I had more in mind for the final thing(which I am almost ready to post). How do you define concept? As far as I know, it is an idea put together for a new team identity. Is that what I did? Yes. Was I supposed to make my own font? I have no idea how to do that! Besides, this is not the actual logo the team is using, and even if it was, what would be wrong with using someone elses font? As long as the University/Designer cave credit and got permission, what would be wrong? This is just one part(the rest will be released soon) of a harmless concept(yes, a concept) that I am making, and it could not be done without that font.

I never wanted to get on any bad sides with my first concept, and I feel like I have done that with you. I apologize for ranting and adding slashes to your posts(I swear, it was the browser), or anything else I have done that you may not like. Can we start over when I post the whole thing? Thanks.

-GBM

By that logic this is also an invalid as a concept for a wordmark.

Minutemen.gif

All I've done is used Sporty Script & Ephemera fonts and outlined them.

Are you saying all existing fonts are off limits when it comes to creating a wordmark, regardless of how plain it looks?

If that's all that's being posted (i.e. no accompanying logos) then no, I don't believe it is a concept.

Thanks for the positive input koizim. I actually made the whole first logo from scratch in MS Paint, but I hardly could get anyone to respond to the actual logo, so I made another(Really, one of the only actual responses I got was to change the font) that I had more in mind for the final thing(which I am almost ready to post). How do you define concept? As far as I know, it is an idea put together for a new team identity. Is that what I did? Yes. Was I supposed to make my own font? I have no idea how to do that! Besides, this is not the actual logo the team is using, and even if it was, what would be wrong with using someone elses font? As long as the University/Designer cave credit and got permission, what would be wrong? This is just one part(the rest will be released soon) of a harmless concept(yes, a concept) that I am making, and it could not be done without that font.

I never wanted to get on any bad sides with my first concept, and I feel like I have done that with you. I apologize for ranting and adding slashes to your posts(I swear, it was the browser), or anything else I have done that you may not like. Can we start over when I post the whole thing? Thanks.

-GBM

Don't worry you're not on my bad side.

Archived