Celtics Kicked Ass!

gingerbreadmann

To be honest man, in the process of trying to discourage complaining from other people, you're doing a whole lot of complaining yourself.

No, not "other people," just Boston fans. We all have our crosses to bear, and this is the one I've chosen for myself.

How do those comments disprove what I said?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or just have a sense of propriety and simply not complain about your awesome teams being bad in the past. I don't even understand the logic there. I think that, deep down, Boston fans were more comfortable being losers than winners. That's the only thing that makes sense, considering how frequently Boston fans like to reference the "good" ol' days.

For the record, my teams are mostly in Western New York -- the Sabres, Bills, and Syracuse football and basketball. We had the four Super Bowls, a couple of Final Four losses for the Orange, and some Stanley Cup Finals disappointments for the Sabres. But you know what? We also had Carmelo Anthony and 2003. I remember how awesome that felt, if for no other reason than I never thought Syracuse basketball would win a championship. However, they did, and as a sports fan, I don't feel like I can possibly complain about the lack of success for my teams for the next ten years. That's how great 2003 was.

Why Boston fans feel the need to continually remind us -- in the face of FIVE recent championships -- that their teams were once no good is so far beyond me. Really, can you please just stop?

I wasn't reminding you; other people put words in my mouth because of what I said. I apologize, but I'm not reminding anyone of how bad we were. I'm responding to other people who are accusing me and Boston fans of bitching and ****.

1) I guess I'm long suffering now.

2) I would like to think that the past 5 years, which most sports fans would commit homicides to experience (at least in the dark corner of their souls) would cancel out the 15 years preceding it.

3) You never had to experience Tony Banks as a starter for 3 years. How's that for suffering?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Or just have a sense of propriety and simply not complain about your awesome teams being bad in the past. I don't even understand the logic there. I think that, deep down, Boston fans were more comfortable being losers than winners. That's the only thing that makes sense, considering how frequently Boston fans like to reference the "good" ol' days.

For the record, my teams are mostly in Western New York -- the Sabres, Bills, and Syracuse football and basketball. We had the four Super Bowls, a couple of Final Four losses for the Orange, and some Stanley Cup Finals disappointments for the Sabres. But you know what? We also had Carmelo Anthony and 2003. I remember how awesome that felt, if for no other reason than I never thought Syracuse basketball would win a championship. However, they did, and as a sports fan, I don't feel like I can possibly complain about the lack of success for my teams for the next ten years. That's how great 2003 was.

Why Boston fans feel the need to continually remind us -- in the face of FIVE recent championships -- that their teams were once no good is so far beyond me. Really, can you please just stop?

I wasn't reminding you; other people put words in my mouth because of what I said. I apologize, but I'm not reminding anyone of how bad we were. I'm responding to other people who are accusing me and Boston fans of bitching and ****.

1) I guess I'm long suffering now.

2) I would like to think that the past 5 years, which most sports fans would commit homicides to experience (at least in the dark corner of their souls) would cancel out the 15 years preceding it.

3) You never had to experience Tony Banks as a starter for 3 years. How's that for suffering?

you're doing it again. Putting words in my mouth.

1) No, you're not. If you read what I said, I was referring to pre-2001/2, not since then. And NOWHERE did I COMPLAIN about that time. I was just saying it EXISTED. That's all in the past, I'm not one to complain about it.

2)See #1

3)You're right, that's bad. I would provide a Boston example not quite as bad, but then it would be taken as complaining about the past.

Archived