Blue Jays Changes

pjinners

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG CHECK THIS OUT!!! THE BEVEL SHADOWS ON THE N OF JEREMY ACCARDO'S JERSEY IS REVERSED!!!!

AJW102120319_1024x768.jpg

I thought it looked out of place... :lol:

Compare it to Neon's high-res pictures above!

:P

I'm guessing it was just stiched on upside down. Quick, email Paul Lukas at UniWatch, pronto with your find!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't like it at ALL.

It doesn't match the logo anymore. Nothing does.

The fact that they'll be wearing their current home and black alternates with this make me very uneasy.

Yeah its going to be odd, big time.

I dont get why they couldn't just re-do their uniforms to match the roads.

4kv29i.jpg

I don't like it at ALL.

The fact that they'll be wearing their current home and black alternates with this make me very uneasy.

Cuz they'd have to drop the JAYS logo and go back to Blue Jays only in boring old text. Mind you it would be for the better, leave the J-bird for the sleve... but it may not sell as well... so it could be something they will wait and see how the road sells before deciding if to conform the entire set to look like that.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't like it at ALL.

Cuz they'd have to drop the JAYS logo and go back to Blue Jays only in boring old text. Mind you it would be for the better, leave the J-bird for the sleve... but it may not sell as well... so it could be something they will wait and see how the road sells before deciding if to conform the entire set to look like that.

I agree, but they do indeed have to change up the home uni's to match the roads now. These road uni's are a HUGE upgrade from last year's set, and a complete rebranding of the Jays' uni's in this light would be fantastic.

I don't like it at ALL.

I agree, but they do indeed have to change up the home uni's to match the roads now. These road uni's are a HUGE upgrade from last year's set, and a complete rebranding of the Jays' uni's in this light would be fantastic.

Lets hope its what we can expect next season! I'm sure it will all do with how well they sell, which I am sure they will.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I love the light blue jersey. I wish they would have also brought back the whites in that style along with the all blue hat with the origional logo. A button down jersey would in that style would have been fine too.

Is it just that the "modern" pullover jerseys are much bigger and baggier, or is the logo / wordmark much lower than it used to be?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - that shade of Powder Blue is incorrect. I had a friendly arguement with someone who was involved with this throwback - that the shade of Powder Blue used back in the day was lighter than the "standard" shade. In fact, it matched up with the Light Blue that was used as the trim color on the home uniforms, and was used in the logo on the road uniforms. You can see the lighter shade in that previous photo. Here's a comparison:

TorontoBlueJaysPowderBlue.jpgTorontoBlueJaysLightBlue.jpg

I have a 1987 Style Guide that clearly shows this to be true.

On another note - glad to see that the striped belts are gone from this design...

New roads represent a (small) step back in the right direction. I guess now that you can produce a bevel effect, you must produce a bevel effect. The numbers are better than the home and alt, but still not that great, especially the 2s. NOB font is still awful.

As to the powder blues...why on earth they chose to wear a road uniform at home is beyond me. But, then again, so is the whole concept of powder blue as anything other than an abomination. :cursing:

OMG CHECK THIS OUT!!! THE BEVEL SHADOWS ON THE N OF JEREMY ACCARDO'S JERSEY IS REVERSED!!!!

AJW102120319_1024x768.jpg

Are those graphite fashion jerseys behind them? Those aren't so bad.

Those are the Black Alts behind them. The graphites are long, long gone.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I'll have to be on the lookout for the Retro cap. I don't see them for sale on MLB's online store. Maybe I'll wait and try to make it down to the Rogers' Centre on a Friday next season to see them in action.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I'll have to be on the lookout for the Retro cap. I don't see them for sale on MLB's online store. Maybe I'll wait and try to make it down to the Rogers' Centre on a Friday next season to see them in action.

It was at the Eaton Centre location yesterday. Like I said earlier, its a lighter blue than the Cooperstown version and made out of the same new material that the rest of the hats are.

On a side note, we have been quoted on todays edition of the UniWatch Blog!!!! Kudos all around.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

How are the Blue Jays going to be able to wear the throwbacks on Friday nights at home? I thought the Royals had petitioned MLB to wear a full powder-blue set at home and were denied, which was why the Royals ended up only coming up with a powder-blue top. Does anyone know more about this?

They Didn?t Call It Exhibition Stadium for Nothing

There was a classic moment during yesterday?s press conference to unveil the Blue Jays? new road and alternate uniforms. It came when they trotted out old-timers Lloyd Moseby and John Mayberry to model the team?s new 1979 powder blue throwbacks, which will be worn for Friday home games. At one point Moseby was asked what it felt like when he first wore that uniform back in the day. The prop boy must not have been holding the cue cards high enough for Moseby to see, because instead of giving a scripted reply, he chose to ad lib: ?The uniform sucked, okay? So we ain?t gonna go there.?

:lol:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived