Sign in to follow this  
pjinners

Blue Jays Changes

How are the Blue Jays going to be able to wear the throwbacks on Friday nights at home? I thought the Royals had petitioned MLB to wear a full powder-blue set at home and were denied, which was why the Royals ended up only coming up with a powder-blue top. Does anyone know more about this?

I remember that. Maybe because it was a one-time thing? Now that the Blue Jays have officially made an all-powder look a full-time alt, maybe that makes a difference? Or maybe MLB is just blowing in the wind.

Maybe you're right on this. Best explanation I've heard so far.

So, how long has it been since an official uni was a pullover? This has to be the first in a while that will be in regular use. (I know the White Sox had one scheduled for last season but they only used it once, although they had a couple of buttons.) I don't remember who was the last to get rid of the pullovers.

I think the last team to have an official regular pullover was the 1992 Reds, who went to the pinstriped vests and ice cream caps in '93.

As for the powder blue sets, I'm with Lloyd Moseby. They were ugly then and they're ugly now. But I'm for anything that puts the "Blue" back in the Blue Jays, corporate ownership concerns about their competitors be damned.

The Orioles 1993 black alternate was a v-neck pullover. The 1994 black alternate was a two-button pullover.

roadconcept2.gif

I'd so buy this. Pair it up with the "T" cap instead, though, to avoid redundancy.

And now I've got a hankerin' for latkes. Thankfully, the Christkindlmarket is up and running in Daley Plaza.

They may not have taken my advice this time...

But I will NEVER rest until the Graphite unis come back!

roadconcept2.gif

MWAHAHAHAHA! :P

Its amazing how a sleve patch and a front number could make these jerseys look a lot less plain.

Remember what your next task is, muahahaha!

roadconcept2.gif

Can't tell if that hat is a darker graphite or black. I'd be surprised is you used anything other than graphite. :D

roadconcept2.gif

Very good... now make it grey so I can put it on the site :P

You know, come to think of it- the one thing I loved about baseball uniforms in the 1980s = the diversity of styles. Pullover, button-down, belted, snap waistband, everything was there. It's just sad that it's just monotonous these days..... but this is just a breath of fresh air. :)

the aways - AWESOME. if they made the alts. the proposed graphite, I would go insane with happiness

the retros - i would have preferred World Series era retros....i guess in due time, the blues will be goofy and fun for those friday games but im glad they didnt adopt this color scheme as their official jerseys.

im trying to figure out what to buy right now....im torn.....but jays shop has a sale going this month so i gotta few more weeks to decide

the aways - AWESOME. if they made the alts. the proposed graphite, I would go insane with happiness

the retros - i would have preferred World Series era retros....i guess in due time, the blues will be goofy and fun for those friday games but im glad they didnt adopt this color scheme as their official jerseys.

im trying to figure out what to buy right now....im torn.....but jays shop has a sale going this month so i gotta few more weeks to decide

You get free shipping until Friday if you use promo code JERSEY

are you guys sure its graphite and not black on the lettering?

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5695/picture008nb0.jpg

The lettering is Black, Blue and White.

TorontoBlueJays_RWM_2008-9999_SOL_S.gif

My bad... I thought it was a very dark graphite as it had a slight tinge to it when the light hit it. Oh well. Sorry Braden for misleading you.

Will this code work for a team people outside the GTA like? :)

Will this code work for a team people outside the GTA like? :)

It only works for the Jays... the only team to have a Canadian version of their store on mlb.com... jerk :P

I'm liking the NEW road unis and the powder blue "retro" alternates for the Blue Jays. But there is one question that bugs me: How come I don't see the NEW home unis?

I'm liking the NEW road unis and the powder blue "retro" alternates for the Blue Jays. But there is one question that bugs me: How come I don't see the NEW home unis?

Only the road unis were redesigned.

6jxj9mp.png

For some reason, the HALLADAY jersey being sold at the Jays Shop in the Eaton Centre had a much higer arch... which I couldn't snag a pic of sadly. I did get pics though I will post soon. They look GREAT in person, but for some weird reason, the replicas DONT have the Jay logo on the sleve. I don't know why, but it was disapointing to see.

Replicas don't have sleeve logos.

Well that would explain it. Thats balls. It's weird though, they sold replica's with the 30th Anni patch on them as well as with the Tom Cheek and the other memorial patch. I guess I have just been so used to see it that I thought it was standard.

Hmmmm, really? I have Indians, Expos, Phillies, and Nationals replica home uniforms and I was basing my statement off of that. Hmmmm, it does seem a little weird that they would sell replicas with those commemorative patches on them, perhaps I will have to look into other replica uniforms to see if any of them have sleeve patches. I don't think they do though.

I believe they sold replicas with the 30th patch here but they definately did not sell them with those memorial patches... Neon was just high off drinking from the Trent Canal

As I recall they had the authentics th the 30th anniversary patch but the replicas were bare on the sleeves. I ended up purchasing a pair of 30th anni. and TC patches to get sewn on a couple of replicas. As I also recall that trend isn't really new as back in 2003 the "T-Bird" logo was not available on the jerseys, plus I definitely got a 25th anni. plus AL 100th seperately and had those sewn on as well back in 2001.

At least they sell the current J logo patches at the stadium, I can always buy the current road replica and get that sewn on after, too.

I don't believe that any replicas come with patches.

Authentics on the left, Replicas on the right:

pMLB2-3346962t130.gifpMLB2-3346993t130.gif

pMLB2-946049t130.gifpMLB2-3180279t130.gif