Jets in retro alts today

RyanMcD29

I did always find it very odd to wear throwbacks on the road, unless it was part of some celebration that the home team was involved in too (like Thanksgiving throwbacks). Why do the Jets care about Miami fans seeing the throwbacks?

Anyway, I like these a lot. The only problem is that the names and numbers on the back are a little hard to read on TV, so I'd outline the gold in white, like they do on the shoulder stripes.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

I did always find it very odd to wear throwbacks on the road, unless it was part of some celebration that the home team was involved in too (like Thanksgiving throwbacks). Why do the Jets care about Miami fans seeing the throwbacks?

I thought the same thing two years ago, when Buffalo wore their throwbacks in Tampa.

Anyway, I like these a lot. The only problem is that the names and numbers on the back are a little hard to read on TV, so I'd outline the gold in white, like they do on the shoulder stripes.

Well, for one, Miami-Jets goes back to the AFL, though the Jets were the Jets before Miami existed.

There are a ton of Jets fans in south Florida as well, all ex-NY'ers....

Finally, Buffalo wore theirs weeks 1 & 2 in 2005 -- week 2 was @ Tampa...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Well, for one, Miami-Jets goes back to the AFL, though the Jets were the Jets before Miami existed.

Finally, Buffalo wore theirs weeks 1 & 2 in 2005 -- week 2 was @ Tampa...

Why are they wearing them twice in the same year?

Well, since that is technically a Jet's alternate uniform, they're allowed to wear it twice (but no more) in a season. The NFL has rules governing the use of alternates which i don't like at all.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

And, judging by the "crowd" at today's tilt, most of them weren't watching the Jets/Dolphins.

Well that line was saecasm as to why they'd do it in Miami...but historically, not just w/ the Dolphins, but teh Marlins too, all the Jet and Met fans come out in huge numbers...I know last X-mas day I was at Jets @ Fins for Monday Night when the 8-6 Jets were battling for the playoffs, TONS of Jet fans were there...

"Dol-fans" never show up anyway though....they're the ones who can't sell out a home NFL playoff game...

Maybe they were worried about a loss and years down the road, they would say they Jets didn't lose to the Dolphins...the Titans did ;)

To agree with everyone else...why do teams wear throwbacks away??? I'm not buying the alt argument because the Jets (I think), Steelers, and Eagles were celebrating something.

KISSwall09.jpg

Maybe they were worried about a loss and years down the road, they would say they Jets didn't lose to the Dolphins...the Titans did ;)

To agree with everyone else...why do teams wear throwbacks away??? I'm not buying the alt argument because the Jets (I think), Steelers, and Eagles were celebrating something.

What's the difference? 98% of the people who would be watching a home game would be watching it on TV anyway. So you're forcing 70,000 people to watch them in the uniforms on the HD color TVs than in person where they probably wouldn't get as nice of a view of them anyway.

Well Pittsburgh and Philly were celebrating their 75th anniversaries. I believe the Skins wore a 75th season one this year as well, no?

The Jets, what, 47 years isn't a good enough reason? I expect something in 2010 though for 50 seasons, though they just had an "NY-XL" thing in 2003 for 40 Years of Jets Football w/o doing anything, so who knows?

Buffalo, Cleveland, Dallas, Minny, and SF all wore a throwback this season (I believe)...I don't believe any of them had anything special this year either...

The Jets need to stop wearing those 'throwbacks' or 'alts' or whatever the heck they're called. They look horrible IMO. Its bad enough that the team is awful, now I have to see them in awful looking uniforms. Too much 'awful' for my taste. I've got enough awful watching my Bears.

Archived