Hawai'i vs Washington oddity

oddball

I'm watching Washington choke away the game to Hawai'i and they did, I swear Karl Dorrell was coaching Washington, and it was like the end of the third quarter or later I sat there and looked at the screen and thought, "Hawai'i has black numbers." It then hit me that Hawai'i was at home wearing their road uniforms. I don't ever remember them in white jerseys at home. I don't get to see as many Hawai'i games as I use to but this was the first time for me to see them in white jerseys for a home game.

I'm watching Washington choke away the game to Hawai'i and they did, I swear Karl Dorrell was coaching Washington, and it was like the end of the third quarter or later I sat there and looked at the screen and thought, "Hawai'i has black numbers." It then hit me that Hawai'i was at home wearing their road uniforms. I don't ever remember them in white jerseys at home. I don't get to see as many Hawai'i games as I use to but this was the first time for me to see them in white jerseys for a home game.

I believe this was the first time they've worn their road whites at home during the regular season (as the Warriors, not the Rainbow Warriors). But they have worn their road whites at the Aloha Stadium in bowl games as they were the designated away team in the past Hawaii Bowl vs. Arizona State (they wore their green helmets with their road uniform).

They wore the white unis a couple of years ago against SDSU. I'm pretty sure it was the year that Nike had them wear silver on the road with the silver helmets. That night they wore the green helmet instead of the silver.

sig.jpg

Archived