Flex Games?

Burkell007

The Patriots-Dolphins game on December 23 has been moved to a 4:15 start, per Flex Game scheduling.

Oh whoopdy doo! Who's ready for a 62-7 blowout on national TV? Anyone?

And Skins-Vikes gets the nod for SNF...I'll look forward to seeing this one.

Yes! Should be a great game, playoff implications and all.

The fact that these two teams could finish 8-8-0 and at least one still make the playoffs, while an Buffalo or Tennessee could conceivably win 10 games and miss the playoffs makes me want to throw up a little.

I can almost guarantee 8-8 won't be good enough. Plus, the way the Vikes are playing, they have a good chance to either win out, or lose only one, putting them at either 10 or 9 wins.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the possibility of the Green Bay game being Favre's last regular season game guarantees that it's the Flex game. We all need to hear John Madden verbally molest Favre for three hours one last time.

Washington at New York next week seems to make the most sense as well. It will give us a chance to relieve the Sean Taylor shooting all over again, and NBC probably can't help itself.

Jags-Steelers probably would've been better this week

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I think the possibility of the Green Bay game being Favre's last regular season game guarantees that it's the Flex game. We all need to hear John Madden verbally molest Favre for three hours one last time.

Washington at New York next week seems to make the most sense as well. It will give us a chance to relieve the Sean Taylor shooting all over again, and NBC probably can't help itself.

This weeks Sunday Night Football game should have been changed to Buffalo at Cleveland. :cursing:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

This weeks Sunday Night Football game should have been changed to Buffalo at Cleveland. :cursing:

That game is the game of the week, however the Sunday Night Matchup of WAS-NYG is pretty good too. Also Buffalo and Cleveland are tiny markets with small (but loyal) fanbases, and New York and Washington are two of the bigger markets in the country. NBC doesn't care if the game is horrible, they just want ratings. Washington-NY Giants gets them the highest ratings.

saBS.png

That game is the game of the week, however the Sunday Night Matchup of WAS-NYG is pretty good too. Also Buffalo and Cleveland are tiny markets with small (but loyal) fanbases, and New York and Washington are two of the bigger markets in the country. NBC doesn't care if the game is horrible, they just want ratings. Washington-NY Giants gets them the highest ratings.

You also have to remember that CBS might have protected the BUF-CLE game.

You also have to remember that CBS might have protected the BUF-CLE game.

I would think that CBS would have protected the JAC-PIT game. Oh well thank god for my Sunday NFL ticket package. :)

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the NFL caved. And how!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlines

NEW YORK -- The New England Patriots' shot at history Saturday night will be available for every household in the country with a television after months of wrangling.

The game against the New York Giants, in which the Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season, was originally scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs.

But the league announced Wednesday that the NFL Network feed will be simulcast on NBC and CBS. It's a major concession by league officials, who repeatedly said they would not show the game anywhere but the NFL Network. The NFL had faced mounting pressure from politicians in recent weeks to make the game available to more viewers.

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of any kind of an NFL game since the first Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC both televised the first meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.

"We have taken this extraordinary step because it is in the best interest of our fans," commissioner Roger Goodell said. "What we have seen for the past year is a very strong consumer demand for NFL Network. We appreciate CBS and NBC delivering the NFL Network telecast on Saturday night to the broad audience that deserves to see this potentially historic game. Our commitment to the NFL Network is stronger than ever."

Well, the NFL caved. And how!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlines

NEW YORK -- The New England Patriots' shot at history Saturday night will be available for every household in the country with a television after months of wrangling.

The game against the New York Giants, in which the Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season, was originally scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs.

But the league announced Wednesday that the NFL Network feed will be simulcast on NBC and CBS. It's a major concession by league officials, who repeatedly said they would not show the game anywhere but the NFL Network. The NFL had faced mounting pressure from politicians in recent weeks to make the game available to more viewers.

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of any kind of an NFL game since the first Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC both televised the first meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.

"We have taken this extraordinary step because it is in the best interest of our fans," commissioner Roger Goodell said. "What we have seen for the past year is a very strong consumer demand for NFL Network. We appreciate CBS and NBC delivering the NFL Network telecast on Saturday night to the broad audience that deserves to see this potentially historic game. Our commitment to the NFL Network is stronger than ever."

It's a cave but they got the game on two of the Big 3 broadcast networks and the game will pretty much be a 3 1/2 hour commerical for the NFL Network.

Archived