UMass Complete Redesign

gingerbreadmann

This is NOT the same as my other topic, this is the complete redesign, not just one wordmark. I dont know why I chose UMass, probably because I live near it. Their current identity is not bad, per se, but I felt they could be improved. I have been observing different concepts around here and practicing my own skills; hopefully this is acceptable(I impressed myself, at least); it is my 1st concept(the TB Rays one doesnt count, although I think my final result there was pretty good). I think I improved their look, although my drawing skills are not above average and I havent really created any pictoral images(without letters) besides the musket, but hopefully they arent necessary. C&C please, tell me what you think! Without further ado,

UMassRedesign.png

Fire away! (I know Liam Coens number is 12, but I like 19 on the jersey for some reason)

Being in the UMass system and seeing alot of Minutemen attire, I can honestly say this is not at all an upgrade over their current spread. While the current wordmark UMass Amherst uses, isn't the strongest, or best looking I've ever seen, it's still stronger and more vivid than this. Try incorperating the Minuteman, either the University's current man or one of your own. They did away with the "wordmark only" logo's a few years ago, and I see no reason to return to them in a new form.

Onto the uniforms, these are okay, not great, but okay. Although the striping on the side does not match, I could live with these. Hell, it's not like their current uniforms are any good.

Overall though, I'd take this back to the drawing board and come up with something more original (i.e. big "U" small "Mass" has been done before).

Now this is a concept. Not a particularly great one, but a concept nonetheless. I'd definitely try and spice it up a little. Maybe do something with the side stripe. Also the wordmark on the home uniform is illegible.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Not too bad. I have always liked the grey for UMass as opposed to the black, but I'm probably in the minority. I'd add some grey, though. I like the logo concept with the musket.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Being in the UMass system and seeing alot of Minutemen attire, I can honestly say this is not at all an upgrade over their current spread. While the current wordmark UMass Amherst uses, isn't the strongest, or best looking I've ever seen, it's still stronger and more vivid than this. Try incorperating the Minuteman, either the University's current man or one of your own. They did away with the "wordmark only" logo's a few years ago, and I see no reason to return to them in a new form.

Onto the uniforms, these are okay, not great, but okay. Although the striping on the side does not match, I could live with these. Hell, it's not like their current uniforms are any good.

Overall though, I'd take this back to the drawing board and come up with something more original (i.e. big "U" small "Mass" has been done before).

Like I said, I would try to get some kind of Minuteman/other picture into it, but I'm no good at drawing images on the computer. While I agree with you about the primary being better since I have no images, how do you think my wordmark element compares to their wordmark element (Assuming that both primaries had a Minuteman image)?

How does the striping not match? You mean the different colors? Well, I didn't want to have a stripe be the same as the fabric around it, so I inversed them.

Well, they use a big U now, and I couldn't think of any other way.

Now this is a concept. Not a particularly great one, but a concept nonetheless. I'd definitely try and spice it up a little. Maybe do something with the side stripe. Also the wordmark on the home uniform is illegible.

You mean, like, a pattern? I could try that, but other than that and maybe a minuteman image, I don't know how else to spice it up.

I noticed it's illegible, but how could I fix that? It doesn't look good in white.

Not too bad. I have always liked the grey for UMass as opposed to the black, but I'm probably in the minority. I'd add some grey, though. I like the logo concept with the musket.

I do like the gray, but not enough to replace the black. I'll definitely try to add some more gray. Thanks for the compliment.

Anyone else? Only 3 replies?

Archived