King of Spades

goforbroke

OK, it's been on and off for three years, but still its been a while and I finally go back to this. I'm open to suggestions, and I'n not thrilled with how the crown sits on the skulls head. It doesn't look very natural. Anyone help? Also other thoughts, concerns, (compliments?)

primary, script, and alt

kingofspades_1.jpg

A-spade-alt-1.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The one thing that really sticks out, to me, is the skull - you should reverse the black and white parts.

The deeper, hollow areas like the eye sockets and nasal openings should be dark, while the more prominent areas, like the cheekbones, should be light. As it is, it looks like a photo negative.

The one thing that really sticks out, to me, is the skull - you should reverse the black and white parts.

The deeper, hollow areas like the eye sockets and nasal openings should be dark, while the more prominent areas, like the cheekbones, should be light. As it is, it looks like a photo negative.

Yeah i did the negative on purpose. I thought it looked cooler that way. thanks for the suggestion though i'll try it out.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

the crown is completely different to the skull stylistically. it looks like you traced the skull and the drawn skull is just stuck on top.

the oulines just look there for the sake of outlines. they just highlight the irregular shap of the illustration.

its looks better with white skull black eyes.

i like the spade in his nose though.

Possibly the problem with the skull and the crown not matching up is there is shading on the skull, but to me it seems liek there's no shading on the crown. I'd also think about darkening the red a bit, and saturating it to make it look more like the Arizona Cardinals red, instead of a strait on red.

The red outline doesn't seem to fit with me though, try getting rid of that and maybe make the gold one on the outside a little more stronger as well.

I really like the skull now that the shading is more proper, and the shape of the nose is a very nice touch.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived