Pittsburgh Penguins Rebrand

DawgPacPBH

man i am really liking your primary modernization of the triangle penguin logo. not sure about the glazed eye but i kinda like it kinda looks evil in a sub zero type of way. the alternate i am not feeling as it seems to be sort a rehash of the primary. not sure if its really needed as a shoulder logo. I like it as an alternate jersey logo, maybe a bit strong to be on the shoulders though.

overall its a nice modernization with out overhauling the hell out of it. I could live with something like this. Pens fans may have a different opinion than mine but I like the concept.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

"Whatever." And now I'll comment :)

The charcoal shading elements on the black face are basically invisible at a distance and makes it very hard to comprehend the detail. And the rationale of a penguin holding a shield for the alt logo escapes me.

(And as mentioned by GN, upside down shoulder patches? RLY?)

That is one mean looking penguin! Here are my gripes:

-The penguin body on the primary, to me, for some reason looks too skinny, could be the POV though. His body seems really tight.

-I feel there needs to be some more white in the penguins head. As Primal said the highlights are invisible from a distance which makes the head look like a big black blob.

-Flip the shoulder logos on the uniforms and I'll be a big fan of those.

-I know where your goetting the secondary from, but I just don't get it. Is he holding a shield?

-I don't like the wordmark really, not sure why, it doesn't seem to fit with me.

Overall, great job on this, especially the rendering of the logos and the uniforms.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Holy Poop! This is a amazing logo! AMAZING!

Love everything abot that logo, how it is a complete rebrand, great job!

As much as I love that logo, I really don't like the jersey design. To much yellow, looks really forced.

But as for that Logo!! ....

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I like the home and away jerseys. The logo has a mad-scientist-from-an-80's-cartoon-creates-an-army-of-evil-penguin-robots feel to it that I don't like. The feeling is compounded by the wordmark, which looks like a graphic from a video game for the original NES. It just doesn't look like it belongs to an NHL team.

that is one angry penguin

overall though it looks nice, it doesn't look too cartoony but not to complex either

nice job

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

I personally have always been a big fan of the goofy Penguin on the Pen's jerseys where he's got the scarf on, which is strange because I usually hate the cartoony looking logos. In terms of execution this is very good, and I give you props for creating a totally new logo, I have tried to do it in the past and it's very difficult (at least for me haha). I just don't know if it fits the Penguins, but it is very clean and nice original logo.

Archived