elliott Redesigns the NFL

elliott

Bucs - I'm liking that you made the primary jersey pewter, very unique to the Bucs. Not a big fan of the stripes though, they just seem so forced and don't flow together to me.

Jets - I'm in the process of a Jets concept as one, so this one interests me. The piping for some reason reminds me of Atlanta's, but that's not bad. I don't like the chest NY logo, and it's weird IMO that you used the old logo on the helmet while using very modern piping.

Eagles - Been waiting this whole time to see you do my team. As I'm sure you've found, the Eagles are a tricky team. I like the use of gray, and overall it's pretty solid. One thing I think would be better is to change the numbers from gray to white on the homes.

Great job elliot, keep it up.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bucs - I'm liking that you made the primary jersey pewter, very unique to the Bucs. Not a big fan of the stripes though, they just seem so forced and don't flow together to me.

Jets - I'm in the process of a Jets concept as one, so this one interests me. The piping for some reason reminds me of Atlanta's, but that's not bad. I don't like the chest NY logo, and it's weird IMO that you used the old logo on the helmet while using very modern piping.

Eagles - Been waiting this whole time to see you do my team. As I'm sure you've found, the Eagles are a tricky team. I like the use of gray, and overall it's pretty solid. One thing I think would be better is to change the numbers from gray to white on the homes.

Great job elliot, keep it up.

Yeah, I agree with you on your points, I see how the old Jets logo doesn't fit, so I will probably change it. I was just admiring your Jets concept, actually, a second ago, and it's nice.

Concept 28 and 29

Raiders and 49ers

Here are the fourth and third to last. I ended up doing the two cities across from each other in the same post, I don't really know how that happened.

So the Raiders is supposed to be modern, you might not like it but it is a redesign. The transition from jersey to pants is supposed to be fluid, I don't really know if I showed it right. Also I darkened the grey slightly.

OaklandRaidersConcept2008-2.gif

The 49ers, well, I had a lot of drafts before this one. It ended up really, really simple on the jersey, then some striping on the pants, so it is a little "bottom-heavy".

49ersConcept2008.gif

So, C+C, I have set up for the " Grand Finale " in a couple days with the Vikings, I like how it turned out. The Packers are tomorrow.

Please, guys, I love having comments, it just doesn't happen much.

Jets: Use the Oval-NY logo on the helmet, and use your helmet wordmark / logo on the jersey. The oval doesn't work under the collar like you used it, but would be great on the helmet.

GO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hey man, I love what you did with the Raiders, it is absolutely perfect. You modernized it, but nothing way over the top. The 49ers are also looking very good. Sometimes, doing less is really more when it comes to a concept. There is no way this is bottome heavy, it is great. Cannot wait for the finale!!!

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Hey man, I love what you did with the Raiders, it is absolutely perfect. You modernized it, but nothing way over the top. The 49ers are also looking very good. Sometimes, doing less is really more when it comes to a concept. There is no way this is bottome heavy, it is great. Cannot wait for the finale!!!

I completely disagree. The Raiders shouldn't have white anywhere on their home jerseys. They are like Michigan that way. Plus I see that jersey style looking better if the Longhorns had a "Turn Ahead the Clocks" night. As for the Niners, the jersey is so basic that it reminds me of the Eagles, Ravens, 90s Falcons, previous road Giants, and Jaguars. This is because this jersey template has been used so much that it has become boring.

Concept 31: Green Bay Packers

This was another one I had trouble with, this is actually the 3rd draft after I scrapped 2 other ideas (the second of which was similar to the final product, but really not in its most refined state). I wanted to 1) try to introduce some modern elements but still 2) keep it simple, and not make it too modern with piping and the like. I did keep the same helmet although the striping doesn't match up, so I will probably change it.

Note: I would want the yellow pants to be used with both jerseys, but the whites only used with the white jerseys, in case they ever wanted a "white-out". But that would be used sparingly, maybe one or 2 times a year, if I had to decide.

PackersConcept2008.gif

So, tomorrow will be the last day, with the Vikings.

I've been enjoying the series a lot so far, but I've been especially impressed with the last few teams, as they're usually the toughest to do.

The Raiders set reminds me of a soccer kit, but it still has the Raiders' classic "edge" to it. It feels modern yet classic at the same time, which would look great with them.

The 49ers set is probably one of my favorites so far. It is über simplified compared to their currents, and i love the gold numbers on the home.

You gave the Packers a nice modernization, but my only comment here is on the pants stripes. If you're going to have them stop short, you should round them off so they match the side panels. Either that, or make the side panels square, but that might just look awkward.

Can't wait to see what you've done to the Vikes!

spacer.png

Finale: Vikings

So, I wanted to change them up a fairly large amount, I like how the striping on the top came out personally. The pants are supposed to match the yellow stripe on the shoulders, I just kept it simple and didn't bring the side panel in to the pants. Other changes: yellow numbers, and just a simple V on the chest. Also the collar was changed to a more Cardinals-esque look.

VikingsConcept2008.gif

So, that's it. Thanks to everyone who posted. Even though, like I have said before, I didn't really get that many responses over a lot of the concepts. But, I don't want to whine, and I would rather just be proud of the whole thing being finished rather than being bitter.

And of course, that was my second full redesign, the first being the NHL redesign in 30 days.

And.......

NBA redesign coming! That should be fun.

So stay tuned for more stuff in the future. Thanks guys.

Wow I absolutely love your Packers jersey especially the pants. I do like the addidtion of the white pants too, very creative taking such an iconic uniform and actually adding white pants, nicely done.

As for the Vikings, I am not very impressed. They remind me waaaay too much of the current Rams jerseys. I would say you have to add another color to the striping because it looks really awkward with yellow right next to the purple. So, I guess what I am saying is add a white outline to the yellow shoulder stripe, and a yellow outline to the purple shoulder stripe.

By the way, thanks for this amazing thread, it was so fun to see what you could do.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived