Premier Basketball League

gueman

I'm not ready to kill it yet. It might be the ABA with some intelligence...maybe. I'm giving it a season before I want to snipe it.

Some of these identities are decent, like Reading. The Fury logo is actually the old Tennessee/Dallas Fury logo from the NWBL (the team apparently started and finished in San Francisco/Oakland).

The QC logo when thumbnailed looks like an ant's head...and I find it funny that a kid on the Dallas Defenders site looks to be lifted entirely (with a mediocre photoshop job) from the Starbury site. (Not feeling the Dallas identity, though. But at least they're not the D-Fenders.)

However, I am troubled by the rap song quote as a headline/slogan on the QC site. *shudders*

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Where do I sign up for Montreal Sasquatch season tickets?

When I think of a major city just beggin' for a minor league basketball outfit, Montreal is always at the top of my list :S

Perusing the news links on the site, half of them are devoted to the Jewish Jordan signing up to play. It's not like he had that many options to chose from, however...

Interesting. I thought Rochester was one of the few ABA teams that actually drew.

The 'Sharks did draw well in the ABA. But Rochesyer withdrew when their second-round playoff opponent couldn't field a team. So the Rochester owner went out and started the PBL to begin play this January. Then last weekend it was announced that the ABA Syracuse Raging Bullz will move to Rochester for the 2008-09 season and play at the Armory, the 5,000-seat facility the Rochester Raiders CIFL indoor football team called home last season. The 'Sharks will play their home games at the War Memorial (I refuse to call it by its corporate name!). The Ragin Bullz owner is from Rochester. It gets crazier by the minute!

90% of the teams have basketballs in their primary logos... pretty bush league.

Although for names, I like Nighthawks and Railers.

It is, after all, a BASKETBALL league. Jeez! What would you have them use? A hockey puck? Duh! And I'll wager that the PBL will be better administered and more stable than the ABA. BTW- 21 out of 30 NBA teams also have a basketball in their logo.

Not really the problem - most of these logos are just simply bad. The Defenders logo may have set a record for gradients and the Impact is plain and hideous at the same time. Railers is the only decent one of the bunch.

And I think these guys are gonna be plenty pissed about using the PBL acronym! ;)

SnapHookSig_435x108.jpg

Although for names, I like Nighthawks and Railers.

It is, after all, a BASKETBALL league. Jeez! What would you have them use? A hockey puck? Duh! And I'll wager that the PBL will be better administered and more stable than the ABA. BTW- 21 out of 30 NBA teams also have a basketball in their logo.

I realize that it is basketball, but teams in low-draw leagues need to put a symbol of their sport to be identified. Long establishd teams and leagues like the NFL or NCAA do not use images of their sport; then again, the NCAA might not because it has so many multi-sport schools, and NFL because an oblong football makes a poor design element. The point is, you don't need to show us that you are a basketball team by putting basketballs in your logo. We can see that you play basketball.

The D-League, for example, every team has a ball in its logo, showing that people cannot connect the Tulsa 66ers with basketball. 70% of logos (NBA) is passable, but 90% (PBL) and 100% (NBA D-League) is too much.

League Logo

PBL_bbleaguelogo.jpg

Best two logos - 10 teams; six logos suck really bad, including the dawgs. The razor sharks is ok, not a lame as some of the others.

Best logos Fury & Railers, IMO .

RockRiverFury.pngRailersBB.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

So according to the league's logo, the league will feature bodybuilders playing basketball.

:rolleyes:

The colors leave nothing to be desired either.

bad logo...very bad logo.

I'll give you the colors point, but the bodybuilders' crack? That seems a little bit ticky-tack. If it was something other than black-beige-baby puke, I think it would be a perfectly presentable logo - if they expunged the Copperplate, that is...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Archived