Help identifying a helmet

WhoDey42

I believe that Idaho state has white helmets with an orange block I on it, this could be an older helmet though.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I think it's Alabama State, but don't quote me on it.

It isn't. Bama State had a black helmet with a hornet on it in the 1990's back when Ron Dickerson was head coach.

The Helmet Project says no.

The Helmet Project is also incomplete.

My vote is for Alabama State too. I'll ask around at work and see if any of the alums recognize it.

If not Alabama State, might it be from Bowie State? They are a Division II CIAA team (based in Maryland, if that helps) with black and gold as their colors, and the Helmet Project says...

"This team appears to change helmet designs VERY frequently, and I believe it is possible that several more helmet designs besides the ones shown here have been used even since the year 2001. Photographs of other designs used by the team would be appreciated.

I believe that Bowie State may have also used plain black helmets for a short time between the "BULLDOGS" helmet and the first helmet with numerals."

All of the historical helmets shown are black, with black face masks, and the pre-2003 versions have no stripe.

Just a guess from scanning the Helmet Project.

I always thought the "gold" in Bowie St. was more of a yellow color. Also I doubt they would ever have used something that stylized. Perhaps you could take a better pic that shows the colors better. I see a black helmet with tan letters with an orange border. Also do you have any other info like were you saw it. From the photo it looks like it was in an equipment room or something?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Yes, I'm an equipment manager, and we trade helmets with every team we play or sometimes with other equipment managers that used to work here. They have been doing it for a long time and we have about 50 helmets, and this is the only one we don't know about.

When I go in later, I'll take some more pictures.

Yes, I'm an equipment manager, and we trade helmets with every team we play or sometimes with other equipment managers that used to work here. They have been doing it for a long time and we have about 50 helmets, and this is the only one we don't know about.

When I go in later, I'll take some more pictures.

Have you at least been able to narrow it down by using old schedules for your team? That would seem to be a good starting place.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived