Washington Redskins

cappital92

Uhh...

- Pittsburgh Pirates Numerals = NO.

- Hockey-esque Yellow jersey with giant Indian Head = NO.

- Sleeve striptes that don't go all the way around, yet have a burgandy cuff that does = NO.

Make the sleeve striping go all the way around, ditch the burgandy cuff that does on all 3 jerseys, change the numbers to a basic block, and ditch the yellow jersey altogether, and THEN you may have something. But, as is now? No.

It's definitely thinking outside the box. This is a real eyesore. I'll never like vertical stripe socks. The hockey jersey look isn't a favorite of mine. Yellow jerseys are usually a bad choice for football. The elements used may have been from the 30-50s, I'll take your word for it. Based on this, they should stay in the past.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I love the numbers, but the design is just too busy. And the less said about the hockey jersey the better.

The Redskins have a historical justification for a custom number font, I'd like to see them use it:

1360848-m.gif

Trick, though, is that the custom number works best on a relatively clean jersey. Otherwise the whole package gets really messy really quickly.

I'm amused by all the wringing of hands and knashing of teeth over this concept. I like it.

Suggestions:

1. Needs a helmet.

2. Use their current number font on the home and away jerseys. Save the old font for the alt.

3. I like the "hockey" jersey, and there's historical precedent in the NFL for it:

neversinuniform.jpg

I commend you for thinking out of the box. That would actually be a pretty cool alt, showing some creative thinking as opposed to just having a standard jersey in the third color or making a black jersey as an alt.

4. There's only 1 "p" in "capital." B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't think the numbers are as bad as most are saying. As Goth pointed out, there is precedent for a similar type, though not exactly like the Pirates.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm amused by all the wringing of hands and knashing of teeth over this concept. I like it.

:rolleyes:

I'll make you a deal: if you don't call legitimate criticism 'wringing of hands and knashing of teeth', I won't call modest praise 'slobbering all over it.' :P

3. I like the "hockey" jersey, and there's historical precedent in the NFL for it:

neversinuniform.jpg

True enough (and I like those), but NFL regs have prohibited that style since 1937....

I kinda like them. Especially the number font...

The socks - you'll have a really hard time finding anyone that can make vertical stripes any more. They can but it will cost a fortune.

I really would like to see the helmet that goes with these.

Archived