Steelers vs Pats

Steel Certain

Tomorrow the Steelers will upset the Patriots, ruining their little "perfect season" and their contention to be the only other team than the Dolphins in accomplishing the "perfect" dfeat.

This is obviously my (maybe delusionsal?) hope...your thoughts?

Heck, the Eagles suck and almost beat the Pats...at least my "Stillers" are a real NFL team...

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

Steelers have the best defense in the League... they play physical in the secondary, and have the best pass defense in the League. The Patriots running game, which hasn't looked good, should struggle to do anything against the Steelers run defense. And the Steelers can run the football, and the Patriots struggle to stop the run.

I think the Steelers can beat them... I really like how they match up against New England.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Pats are reminding me way too much of the Colts... not last years Colts, but the years before.

Explosive offense, blows out teams early, run game & defense becomes iffy, loses 1 game late in the season, gives playoff teams formula on how to beat them, loses in the playoffs against a team that went through adversity.

Pittsburgh, although inconsistent, definitely has the talent to beat the Pats. I'll take Pittsburgh, and I see the Pats taking the loss out on the Dolphins in New England next week.

That 83-points is the spread for next week.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Patriots 27, Steelers 24, Non New England American Sports fans 0

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow, I can't wait for this game. I'm hoping like maz, and the other Steelers fans, that we can not only put up a fight, but win.

It's tough to beat the Pats by grinding it out, so we'll have to make big plays down the field.

I'm very interested to see how the Steelers defense (secondary in particular) can make up with the Patriots offense. With or without Polamalu, the Steelers are way overmatched in that part of the field.

The Pats are reminding me way too much of the Colts... not last years Colts, but the years before.

Explosive offense, blows out teams early, run game & defense becomes iffy, loses 1 game late in the season, gives playoff teams formula on how to beat them, loses in the playoffs against a team that went through adversity.

Pittsburgh, although inconsistent, definitely has the talent to beat the Pats. I'll take Pittsburgh, and I see the Pats taking the loss out on the Dolphins in New England next week.

That 83-points is the spread for next week.

Well, the "blows out teams early" motto might have worked a few weeks ago, but lately the Patriots really haven't started playing until the 4th quarter.

As for the game against the Steelers, I think this is the Patriot's toughest test of the season and I think they might actually lose. Which actually, is ok with me. I think the Patriots need to get the perfect season out of their system. Do I not want them to go undefeated? Absolutely not, but I think it work in their benefit if they lost and then started another insane winning streak leading them to another Super Bowl victory!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

My prediction is either:

-- New England, pissed by whats-his-names' prediction of Steeler victory, goes bat :censored: on the black and gold, scoring 30-50 points and winning convincingly; or...

-- Pittsburgh's defense really has figured out a way to shut down the Patriot offense, does so, and holds out for a gritty, 17-13 style win.

I'm not sure which, but I'll be watching to find out of course.

nav-logo.png

The Steelers have the talent to beat the Patriots. The Steelers *can* beat the Patriots. This one is a toss-up. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this game go either way. I think a Pittsburgh blowout (unlikely as it may be) would be the only outcome that would shock me.

This year the Steelers seem to be very erratic...when they're good they're very good, when they're bad, they stink. As stated earlier, the Steelers losses have come against less than stellar teams. I'm sure the Steelers realize they have a tough game on their hands and won't underestimate. With that in mind and also realizing that each week it gets tougher for New England to maintain an unbeaten record....I predict...<drum roll>.....Steelers 21, Pats 12.

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

This thread looks good on you guys.

What a terrible road team, Steelers looked like a joke!

Haters, just like Barry Bonds' record, 19-0 is now inevitable. Enjoy the history of the greatest NFL team ever while you can.

teams-1.png

Patriots - 91

Steelers - 8

Willing to put any $$$ behind an 83-point spread?

Did he ever put any money behind this?

J.R. ...you wouldn't know history if it bit you on the arse.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

34-13 Pats...

Real bold prediction there, mac....

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived