2008 Yankee Stadium Patch

mac756

I was just browsing through MLBShop.com looking for some hilliday gifts when I stummbled apoun the this. Its the Authentic 2008 Yankees jersey. I figured they would have the ASG Patch but I didnt expect to see the commemorative patch on the other sleeve. As anyone else seen this yet? Have they even released it yet like the Mets have?

pMLB2-1826255dt.jpg

giants.png200822112725.png

big blue wrecking crew

die hard since '88

I don't know that they've officially unveiled it in the sense of having a press conference, but they've been selling merchandise with it for at least a month.

FWIW, the Yankees will only wear that patch configuration for a very limited time - from the beginning of the All-Star balloting to the game itself.

I want a jersey with the final season patch but not the ASG patch. Have a feeling that I might be forced to customize one.

I don't know that they've officially unveiled it in the sense of having a press conference, but they've been selling merchandise with it for at least a month.

FWIW, the Yankees will only wear that patch configuration for a very limited time - from the beginning of the All-Star balloting to the game itself.

I want a jersey with the final season patch but not the ASG patch. Have a feeling that I might be forced to customize one.

Try sports-k.com. They have the option of the stadium patch, the ASG patch, both, or none. I ordered the patches from them, just to have them.

Try sports-k.com. They have the option of the stadium patch, the ASG patch, both, or none. I ordered the patches from them, just to have them.

Wowee zowee, the Yankees wearing not just one but TWO PATCHES in a single season??? I may not see the likes of this again in my lifetime. :P

The final season patch is gorgeous.

Have they even released it yet like the Mets have?

As mentioned, they haven't "officially" released it...but that is what it will be.

The Mets shop has this but doesn't show the patch actually on the right sleeve... pMLB2-3263684dt.jpg

They will wear the patch for all home games, only their logo on the road...

But then again...in 2004 they wore the 40th Anniv. of Shea logo on the road as well, so who knows if they'll actually keep it only on the homes this season...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Regarding the Mets, I hope they don't put the Shea patch on the right sleeve. It's just too similar in shape and color balance to the regular team logo on the left sleeve. They should put the Shea patch on the left sleeve, replacing the normal logo. If you have a special patch, it goes on your sleeve. If you don't have a special patch, then you put your team logo on your sleeve, ought to be the rule, at least in a case where the special logo and the team logo are so similar in general appearance.

20082614447.png

Archived