St. John's Red Storm

rob66

That interlocking StJ definitely has the classic look. It's much superior to the other St. John's logos.

By the way, why is St. John's called the Red Storm? I know they were called the Redmen before, but if they were going to switch names, why not switch to something more Catholic or more New York than Red Storm?

ST JOHNS' SAINTS

ST JOHNS' RED

St. John's CARDINAL(S). Now that would be Catholic. And red.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That interlocking StJ definitely has the classic look. It's much superior to the other St. John's logos.

By the way, why is St. John's called the Red Storm? I know they were called the Redmen before, but if they were going to switch names, why not switch to something more Catholic or more New York than Red Storm?

ST JOHNS' SAINTS

ST JOHNS' RED

I wouldn't mind that as a nickname at all

rob66.png

ST JOHNS' SAINTS

ST JOHNS' RED

Me neither.

ST JOHNS' SAINTS

ST JOHNS' RED

Me neither.

Hmmm...as a St. John's alumnus and weary participant in the ongoing Redmen/Red Storm debate, I must say the Cardinals is as good a suggestion as I've heard. Of course, we tend to take ourselves much too seriously to consider something that so cleverly ties together both our history and our religious roots.

As for the old/less old/current logo discussion, there is much to like about the old StJ interlock, but it always bugged me that the J appears first in the logo. Who the heck is JSt? Of course, we'd have much greater recruiting power in the dyslexic community.

I'm still not convinced our new "Rutgers-inspired" logo has great staying power, but I'm learning to like it.

Chalk up another alumnus who likes the "Cardinals" idea. That would enable them to stress their nickname as referring to a team that wears red since this is where the name "Redmen" came from to begin with (the Native American" mascot was adopted later). The interesting thing is that when they first became a nike team they had the "SJU" wordmark that you often saw on apparel. When they decided to try to develop the ST.J thing I think the initial word mark looked somewhat forced from what was already in place. I like the current logos/uniforms because they seem to return to the simplicity of the Louie days.

mets.png

Sorry, but no logo will bring the greatness of Chris Mullins back St. Johns.

B)

That was the good ole' days of Big East basketball

Drop the commie Red Storm Nickname........

BRING BACK THE ST. JOHN'S REDMEN!!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Chalk up another alumnus who likes the "Cardinals" idea.

Do I get a hat or something when they change it? :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived