ESPN.com Humor

ManCalledAmp

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the original post, I think it's officially not funny if you have three different guesses out there as to why it might be funny.

Bingo!

Some of the later entries were pretty funny, intentional or not (does anybody not realize to what the phrase "yellow peril" refers?).

As for the original post, I think it's officially not funny if you have three different guesses out there as to why it might be funny.

Bingo!

Some of the later entries were pretty funny, intentional or not (does anybody not realize to what the phrase "yellow peril" refers?).

Wow, I didn't even read that one at first. That's not funny or clever, that's outright racist.

Bingo!

Wow, I didn't even read that one at first. That's not funny or clever, that's outright racist.

Seriously Milo, you've complained about nearly every single headline in this thread. Do you have some sand stuck in your vagina or something?

Bingo!

Seriously Milo, you've complained about nearly every single headline in this thread. Do you have some sand stuck in your vagina or something?

Sorry, but most weren't funny--and are you going to argue that the one isn't racist?

Bingo!

Knock it off.

We might debate whether the headlines are funny, but that certainly wasn't.

Milo, while the phrase is rooted in deep racism, I don't think the application here was unless it was referring in any way to Asia or an Asian player. On first glance, I took it as a poor choice of words, unintentionally echoing an abhorrent historical phrase.

Milo, while the phrase is rooted in deep racism, I don't think the application here was unless it was referring in any way to Asia or an Asian player. On first glance, I took it as a poor choice of words, unintentionally echoing an abhorrent historical phrase.

... I think it was just a poor choice of words because it was about yellow cards, but considering the story was about Sydney FC's play in the Asian Champions League, you could see the connection... I would add that there are far worse words to describe Asians...

I saw, I came, I left.

... I think it was just a poor choice of words because it was about yellow cards, but considering the story was about Sydney FC's play in the Asian Champions League, you could see the connection... I would add that there are far worse words to describe Asians...

Oh wow...mea culpa. I didn't see the suspension thing, the Asian League jumped out at me first. Yep, just a bad choice of words, considering.

I have to say, I'm a bit dissapointed that a harmless and humorous thread has turned into such a "I'm so mature and you're so juvenile" bore fest.

Geez, its just a silly thread. Why does everyone have to jump up on their pedestal and rip everything apart? If you don't get the humor, or if its truly not funny, then fine. Is there a need to continue rip into all of the posts and criticize others for finding humor in silly things?

Some of you guys need to take it easy and stop being so stiff. You're making it real hard for some of us to have a little fun.

Some of you guys need to take it easy and stop being so stiff. You're making it real hard for some of us to have a little fun.

You need to take that kind of talk to the Jessica Simpson or Babe threads.

(How's that for juvenile?) :P

You know, I debated about that last line...because it made me chuckle and was pretty darn juvenile. But I couldn't help it. ^_^

Hmm, looks like MSNBC has made quite the error in their NFL section. They use a helmet pic for a team, and the helmet they use doesn't even exist...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15321543?pg=8#...f_powerrankings

the pic....

NFC_Seahawks.jpg

They also use the Chargers' and Vikes' old helmets, but that's not as bad as using a helmet that doesnt' exist.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived