Bobby Petrino QUITS

agentrygraphics

ESPN radio just had breaking news that Falcons coach Bobby Petrino...3/4 of the way through his rookie NFL coaching season, will resign immediately to become the new head coach of the University of Arkansas.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I posted that in both the NFL and College Football threads.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I actually dont blame him in this situation. He went into the Atlanta Falcons job expectin it be all about football and after he signed the deal it changed with the Mike Vick situation. I would leave too.

Can't say I blame him for wanting to leave either..... he thought he was gonna be coaching Michael Vick and instead he got stuck with Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich and Chris Redman.... I'd quit too if I was him. The Falcons right now are a mess. It's a shame.... Arthur Blank doesn't deserve it.

And I'm sure DeAngelo Hall is very supportive of this decision.

espnsig.gif

Well. Flame and I should coach them.

But I thought you wanted them to win? :P

We do.

We need to get a top assistant to replace him, a new offensive scheme, and a FA QB. McNabb maybe?

Scott Linehan's offensive scheme would be perfect for you guys.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't blame him. I knew he would either leave or be fired at the end of this year. So I'm not too surprised.

The thing is, who in the hell wants to coach here, and what decent coach could they possibly find?

EDIT: Terrance Moore, the local assclown sports editorial writer here for the AJC, suggested that we hire Chan Gailey. He must be trying to win the award of "Biggest Douche in the Universe," or maybe just Atlanta.

I actually dont blame him in this situation. He went into the Atlanta Falcons job expectin it be all about football and after he signed the deal it changed with the Mike Vick situation. I would leave too.

Clearly, he's not from the Isaiah Thomas "Win or Die" school of coaching.

I can't blame him. I knew he would either leave or be fired at the end of this year. So I'm not too surprised.

The thing is, who in the hell wants to coach here, and what decent coach could they possibly find?

EDIT: Terrance Moore, the local assclown sports editorial writer here for the AJC, suggested that we hire Chan Gailey. He must be trying to win the award of "Biggest Douche in the Universe," or maybe just Atlanta.

Cam Cameron will most likely be available.

I honestly wouldn't care if we traded everyone besides Norwood and Boley.

Me either. Seriously. Norwood, Pro Boley, Roddy White, and maybe Laurent Robinson can stay. Everybody else can let the door hit them where the dog should've bit them.

Isn't this the same group that blasted Saban for doing the exact same thing a year ago?

Saban left a group that he at least could've salvaged.

Petrino:

A: Has a history of doing this, so nobody's really surprised.

B: Is leaving a steaming pile of crap.

Isn't this the same group that blasted Saban for doing the exact same thing a year ago?

Saban left a group that he at least could've salvaged.

Petrino:

A: Has a history of doing this, so nobody's really surprised.

B: Is leaving a steaming pile of crap.

Besides...Petrino is joining a team that...

1) Probably ain't gonna have "that wood" next season.

2) Has fans who will FOIA his text messages next season when he fails to win 10 games. :blink:

3) Has poor recruiting territory, and must do epic battle with Saban, Nutt, Tubberville, and (presumably) Miles for what he can get.

4) He will never get another NFL job offer.

5) Did I mention Arkansas fans are insane?

Today, we are all otaku.

Hmm. I bet Louisville would have taken him back, no questions asked. It's a shame Petrino let Brian Brohm's senior year go to crap. I somehow don't think Louisville would have tanked as badly had Petrino still been there.

What a mess. I'm hesitant to be sympathetic for billionaires, but maybe this once we'll feel bad for Arthur Blank. He seems like a stand-up guy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I honestly wouldn't care if we traded everyone besides Norwood and Boley.

Me either. Seriously. Norwood, Pro Boley, Roddy White, and maybe Laurent Robinson can stay. Everybody else can let the door hit them where the dog should've bit them.

I really don't want White after that Free Vick stunt.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived