Bobby Petrino QUITS

agentrygraphics

Whatever, just no Bill Cowher...I don't want him in the Saints' division. <_<

Bill Cowher ain't coming back anytime soon, if at all. The sooner the media gets used to that idea the better off we'll be.

This is why i don't like bringing a college head coach strait to the head coaching position. I remember having discussions with fans about this. There were a few homers that wanted to bring Urban Meyer and that guy out of boise state as our head coach. i'm thinking for every Jimmy Johnson we get 10 that fail.

It's more like all the rest have failed. I can't think of another college coach who did well in the NFL. Paul Brown maybe. There may be more from back in the day but I can't think of any. There have been none that succeeded after Jimmy Johnson.

Tom Coughlin? 14-2 with an AFC Championship game appearance and a +.500 record with the Jaguars in his seasons there. No Super Bowl but no college to pros bust either.

Bobby Ross? Led San Diego to their only Super Bowl appearance and the Lions to their last playoff appearance.

True. I didn't think of those two.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeAngelo Hall was on the Best Damn Sports Show period and had nothing but negative things to say towards Petrino.

When asked if part of him was glad Petrino was gone he said "Ohhhhhh ya, I'm VERY glad he's gone."

He went on to say many of the Falcons players had given up on Petrino and weren't playing as well as they could because they hated Petrino so much.

Take it for what it's worth, but that's shocking.

That's disturbing. I think Blank should clear the house, because the problems weren't limited to Petrino. Yeah, Petrino was an aloof ass, but D'Angelo Hall and his cohorts are complicit in the Falcons' demise this year. Bad attitude malcontents who've basically admitted to tanking a season just to spite your coach? Nice professionalism. Send those jackasses packing too.

DeAngelo Hall was on the Best Damn Sports Show period and had nothing but negative things to say towards Petrino.

When asked if part of him was glad Petrino was gone he said "Ohhhhhh ya, I'm VERY glad he's gone."

He went on to say many of the Falcons players had given up on Petrino and weren't playing as well as they could because they hated Petrino so much.

That's disturbing. I think Blank should clear the house, because the problems weren't limited to Petrino. Yeah, Petrino was an aloof ass, but D'Angelo Hall and his cohorts are complicit in the Falcons' demise this year. Bad attitude malcontents who've basically admitted to tanking a season just to spite your coach? Nice professionalism. Send those jackasses packing too.

Agreed. Very few of the Falcons have displayed professionalism. One is Warrick Dunn; though I hate the Falcons, I can't help rooting for Dunn, who is one of the NFL's classiest players on and off the field. Keith Brooking's ok, Ovie Mughelli, Harrington, and a few others maybe.

DeAngelo Hall is a joke and a cheap shot artist. Talk about a disconnect from reality. In his mind, he's Canton-bound. On the field, he gets torched regularly. His meltdown vs. Carolina in the Georgia Dome was classic. It was like watching a car wreck in slow motion and wondering when it would stop. In last year's Saints beatdown of the Falcons in Atlanta, he got burned on a 75-yard TD by Devery Henderson and showed his displeasure by horse-collaring Henderson to the ground 8 yards deep in the end zone.

In this year's Saints beatdown of the Falcons in Atlanta, David Patten caught a ball going to the ground and Hall ran up, dove, and drilled him in the back rather than just touching him down as most players would have done. Then a few plays later Patten gets hurt and Hall has the nerve to stand over him and wave for the trainers like he's concerned for Patten's safety. What an assclown.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Whatever, just no Bill Cowher...I don't want him in the Saints' division. <_<

Bill Cowher ain't coming back anytime soon, if at all. The sooner the media gets used to that idea the better off we'll be.

This is why i don't like bringing a college head coach strait to the head coaching position. I remember having discussions with fans about this. There were a few homers that wanted to bring Urban Meyer and that guy out of boise state as our head coach. i'm thinking for every Jimmy Johnson we get 10 that fail.

It's more like all the rest have failed. I can't think of another college coach who did well in the NFL. Paul Brown maybe. There may be more from back in the day but I can't think of any. There have been none that succeeded after Jimmy Johnson.

Tom Coughlin? 14-2 with an AFC Championship game appearance and a +.500 record with the Jaguars in his seasons there. No Super Bowl but no college to pros bust either.

Bobby Ross? Led San Diego to their only Super Bowl appearance and the Lions to their last playoff appearance.

like I said for every one either Jimmy, coughlin, Ross etc theres a whole string of college coaches that tanked the nfl. i think the whole point is that the success rate of a college head coach to a nfl head coach is significantly lower than let say a OC or DC. we could say the samething with OC or DCs that become head coaches and tanked. Norv Turner comes to mind; wonderful OC but every team he head coaches ends up wetting the bed. so in the end its all a crap shoot. some work out and some tank.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Agreed. Very few of the Falcons have displayed professionalism. One is Warrick Dunn; though I hate the Falcons, I can't help rooting for Dunn, who is one of the NFL's classiest players on and off the field. Keith Brooking's ok, Ovie Mughelli, Harrington, and a few others maybe.

DeAngelo Hall is a joke and a cheap shot artist. Talk about a disconnect from reality. In his mind, he's Canton-bound. On the field, he gets torched regularly. His meltdown vs. Carolina in the Georgia Dome was classic. It was like watching a car wreck in slow motion and wondering when it would stop. In last year's Saints beatdown of the Falcons in Atlanta, he got burned on a 75-yard TD by Devery Henderson and showed his displeasure by horse-collaring Henderson to the ground 8 yards deep in the end zone.

In this year's Saints beatdown of the Falcons in Atlanta, David Patten caught a ball going to the ground and Hall ran up, dove, and drilled him in the back rather than just touching him down as most players would have done. Then a few plays later Patten gets hurt and Hall has the nerve to stand over him and wave for the trainers like he's concerned for Patten's safety. What an assclown.

That game where he self-destructed and basically cost the Falcons the game should have been his ticket to exile.

That game where he self-destructed and basically cost the Falcons the game should have been his ticket to exile.

His nonsense yesterday was crazy. He got personal-foul flagged for getting mad at some OL after a PAT. (Though it should've been offsetting because the OL did fire back and started a bit of a scrum.)

As much as I was on D-Hall's side earlier this week, I realized why I haven't liked him since 2005: He talks a bigger game than he plays. He seriously got to the Pro Bowl last year on name recognition alone.

But, he'll probably get re-signed to a fat contract next year, since the Falcons organization has to be scared of letting "The 2nd Coming of Neon Deion" go.

One name I haven't seen thrown up into this conversation yet is one that somehow keeps getting missed thorughout the circles of the NFL, and one that I would fit very well, and that is Mike Singletary.

The players want a player's coach? There you go. And I can promise you ol' Mike ain't gon deal with the attitudes all that well, either.

I say ol' man Arthur would be wise to ring up the 'Niners and see what's up with Mr. Singletary out there, and see about bringing him in to Atlanta.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

One name I haven't seen thrown up into this conversation yet is one that somehow keeps getting missed thorughout the circles of the NFL, and one that I would fit very well, and that is Mike Singletary.

The players want a player's coach? There you go. And I can promise you ol' Mike ain't gon deal with the attitudes all that well, either.

I say ol' man Arthur would be wise to ring up the 'Niners and see what's up with Mr. Singletary out there, and see about bringing him in to Atlanta.

I was hoping we would get singletary during the head coaching hires this year. i actually preferred him over wade. i kinda still do. I really think Singletary has the potential to be a very good head coach, or at least i hope so. I never was a fan of the bears per se but i alwasy enjoyed watching him play and always wanted him to do well. except against my team but thats a different story.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get the job, and here's why. Apparently he was a strong finalist for the job last year (Blank's front-runner) but McKay talked Blank into hiring Petrino. Now get this - and I'm usually on Blank's side but it's ridiculous - supposedly Blank never met Petrino personally until the news conference where they introduced him as the coach! What?!?

Singletary would be a great fit with one caveat - any time you hire a first-time coach, you're rolling the dice. When the Saints hired Payton, I was like, "Who? Dear God, here we go again." (The Saints once replaced their coach midseason with a guy who was head coach of the minor league Richmond Roadrunners. No, really.) Overall Payton's done a great job with a few notable exceptions (wasting time-outs left and right, that stupid reverse that cost them the TB game a few weeks ago).

The Falcons may want someone with a proven track record, like Schottenheimer. Either he or Singletary (even as a first-timer) would bring a lot to the table, but they also desperately need a new GM. McKay's been stripped of his GM duties so that's in the works too.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well...they could try to lure June Jones from the Hawaiian islands and back into the fold...

...but June ain't crazy.

(Hell...if I was building the collegiate equivalent of the Greatest Show on Turf in a tropical paradise with all kinds of beautiful scenery and beautiful women and beautiful sights and beautiful women and the loveliness of it all and the loveliness of the women then hell...and was being SUCCESSFUL at my job--hell would I want to leave, either!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived