Flint Tropics

Waffles

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks that Will Farrell should only be taken in 5-10 minute doses? I thought he was great when he did a skit on SNL , but a whole movie!!!! I mean C'MON! Two hours of this overacting weirdo.....spare me. The only guy who's worse then him is Ben Stiller. Does that guy really think he's funny in any way?

Its sad to think that these two guys have such a huge collection of movies to their credit. Really sad.

Rant over.

Agreed powersurge...Will Farrell sucks. I find it hard to laugh at this ugly old looking guy who basically plays the same character just with a different title to each of his movies. He's really not funny at all. As far as Ben Stiller, he's just a crappy actor.

rob66.png

I have actually been looking forward to this movie for quite some time. Its semi-based on the oral hisotry book "Loose Balls: The Short, Wild Life of the American Basketball Association" by Terry Pluto. Its a great look at the league from its ambitious start to its crazy finish, and hopefully the movie can follow through as well.

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

Little known fact: In 1976, with the ABA on the verge of collapse and four of the league's remaining franchises - Denver, Indiana, New Jersey and San Antonio - poised to make the jump to the NBA, Flint Tropics owner/player/coach Jackie Moon struck a deal in which the Nuggets, Pacers, Nets and Spurs agreed to pay him a one-seventh share of all monies earned via the sale of authentic and replica circa-1970s souvenir basketball "ballhugger" short-shorts, in perpetuity.

To date, Mr. Moon has made $12.53 from the transaction.

Wouldn't we all just :censored: if that were scrolled across the screen as the epilogue?

"Senator and Mrs. John Blutarsky, Washington, DC"

ST3256~U-S-Senator-Blutarsky-Posters.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Will Farrell is the new Adam Sandler. He just makes the same movie over and over. Anchorman = Taledega Nights = Blades of Glory = Semi-Pro

To be fair, Anchorman and Talladega Nights are part of a trilogy that both Ferrell and Adam McKay admit to the similarities.

Will Farrell is the new Adam Sandler. He just makes the same movie over and over. Anchorman = Taledega Nights = Blades of Glory = Semi-Pro

To be fair, Anchorman and Talladega Nights are part of a trilogy that both Ferrell and Adam McKay admit to the similarities.

I think it was the "Overachieving American Man" series. I guess it's more of a Quadrolgy with Semi-Pro.

Yes I just made up a word.

For what its worth...and I know the current ABA deserves neither the publicity, nor credit it would get from this...

This movie really should have been set in the ABA 2000. There's enough surreal :censored: that has happened in that league the last three years, that you could have endless comedic material to play with. That's especially true if satire is your thing.

Oh...I think Loose Balls is getting re-released this holiday season to coincide with the movie. I may have to pick it up...I really enjoyed its WHA counterpart, "The Rebel League", and have been meaning to read Loose Balls for some time.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived