Flint Tropics

Waffles

:D

I guarantee - that's funnier than anything in the movie.

Seen the movie already??? Wow, tell us how you did that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he hasn't seen the movie. Instead, he is making a prediction based upon his experience with previous Will Ferrell movies.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, that's what I meant.

I saw it when it was called TALLADEGA NIGHTS, and I saw it when it was called KICKING AND SCREAMING (don't ask).

I think it was the "Overachieving American Man" series. I guess it's more of a Quadrolgy with Semi-Pro.

Yes I just made up a word.

Sorry, Shakespeare. You didn't make it up, you just misspelled it. :P

41EV5YSTCTL._AA240_.jpg

I think it was the "Overachieving American Man" series. I guess it's more of a Quadrolgy with Semi-Pro.

Yes I just made up a word.

Sorry, Shakespeare. You didn't make it up, you just misspelled it. :P

What are you talking about? His word is completely different.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

His "Quadrolgy" is completely different from "Quadrilogy"?

Like so. They may mean the same thing, but they're completely different words -- like "big" and "large." I believe "synonym" would be the term to describe them.

Now, where IS that thing? Oh, here it is.

:upside:

Several Points:

1. Maybe it's me, but I like some of Ferrell's work. Some of his stuff-- Kicking and Screaming, Bewitched, Old School, and his role in Wedding Crashers-- I could pretty much forget and live without. However the way he pulled off his role in Elf was a hoot, Talladega Nights was pretty funny, and to me Anchorman was rolling on the floor laughing. To me and a lot of my forty-something friends, that movie is almost a classic in the vein of Animal House, Caddyshack, and the lesser-known Hollywood Knights. Add in our typical interest in sports, and we're all looking forward to "Semi-Pro"

2. Flame is close; Ferrell and McKay actaully planned a "Mediocre American Man Trilogy". However, I am not sure that this movie is the third; apparently, the first two in the trilogy featured characters with the initials RB and the use of a colon in the title: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy and Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. There has been some internet rumors of the third movie being titled: Booby Trap: The Tale of Rusty Butte. Don't know.

3. At any rate, the look of the unis in the trailer and on the website is seventies-sharp-- love that Pacific blue, orange and yellow combo for the Tropics. Can't wait to hear the backstory on how they came to be the "Flint Tropics"-- probably Jackie Moon bought a Florida franchise and relocated it....

4. Rams80, I would definitely recommend Loose Balls. Great history, lots of backstory, insight, and some REALLY funny stuff.

It is what it is.

I must be retarded or something, because I thought Blades of Glory was absolutely flippin' hilarious.

Philistine!!!!

I must be retarded or something, because I thought Blades of Glory was absolutely flippin' hilarious.

I'll join you in your retardedness...Blades of Glory is hilarious. Will Ferrell also does a pretty nice job in Stranger than Fiction, IMO.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

• 1 month later...

The movie does look pretty neat, most notably because I love all of those start up leagues (ABA, AFL, and WHA) that actually made it more than one season. I wouldn't mind seeing a non-comedy movie about a league like that, much like a "The Natural" or "Bull Durham" sports movie.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Ta da - Latin!

You're dead to me. You hear me? Dead!

I don't think he's posted on this thread yet. You might want to send him a PM so he can hear you.

... Well... um.... was I supposed to say something?...

Well, that's one heck of a "Throwback" jersey. Was that stripe really the "in" thing in the '70s? It's a good thing, based on the trailer, that this is a basketball movie because who knows what we would think if this was a golf movie.... 3-wood?

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived