Flint Tropics

Waffles

If he did anything other then change his name and outfits, I wouldn't mind watching Will Ferrell's movies. Old School was fine because it was him in little doses, Kicking and Screaming was ok except for his freaking out over coffee, and Talledega Nights was horrible. I only watched it because I was stuck on a plane and the other movie was Lassie re-runs

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will Ferrell is a great actor. He's also only acted in one movie, Stranger Than Fiction, and it was fantastic.

Everything else isn't acting, it's being a jackass in :censored:ty movies.

I'd like to point you to a little movie called Elf. I defy you to watch that movie and not be charmed and not find it funny... except for the last 20 minutes, which kind of sucked.

And to try to shift this thing back on-topic, I saw the trailer and though it was cool that the Spurs were there. There is a longer trailer with the names of the teams around a conference room table. They showed some of them closely, but I don't remember which. I wonder how many made up teams there are... I plan on seeing this movie to find out.

Woah. A comedy about an underachiever? What an original idea. And Will Ferrell's in it? That's going to be a stretch for him, but I think he can do it.

Seriously though, I liked Kicking and Screaming, I liked Anchorman, I loved Blades of Glory. But, Talladega nights wasn't that funny, and this is just one sports comedy too many.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Will Ferrell is a great actor. He's also only acted in one movie, Stranger Than Fiction, and it was fantastic.

Everything else isn't acting, it's being a jackass in :censored:ty movies.

Stranger than Fiction

Winter Passing

Melinda and Melinda

All movies where Will Ferrel isn't doing his "being a jackass routine".

Also,

Drowning Mona

Dick

Superstar

Zoolander

The Wendall Baker Story

All comedies where he's not doing his "being a jackass" routine.

You should watch more movies.

I still think they are missing a major opportunity by not turning this into a documentary of the current ABA...but I guess that it would only give the league press Joe Newman doesn't deserve.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Quite honestly, if a Will Ferrell movie is the way to keep getting movie roles for Will Arnett and Woody Harrelson, then keep em coming.

Also, Jackie Earle Haley!

Jackie Earle Haley's playing the lead role, Rorshacht, in the upcoming 'Watchmen' movie, by the way. It's being directed by Zach Snyder of '300' fame. Yes, I'm a comic-book dork, and yes, I'm super-stoked about it.

Sigs are for sissies.

Collegehumor's Will Ferrell movie generator

Is it true? Yes. Do I care? No, I love most of Will Ferrell's movies, except for Blades of Glory, that thing is so forced.

Thank you for that link. The first one I did was pretty funny. I like the names of the supporting actors they have in there. I've done in twice and I've drawn Steve Carell, Ben Stiller, and David Koechner... I guess this is Will Ferrell's legacy. (The name of the character in my first test was Ron Merlot.)

• 1 month later...
Quite honestly, if a Will Ferrell movie is the way to keep getting movie roles for Will Arnett and Woody Harrelson, then keep em coming.

Also, Jackie Earle Haley!

Oh God, Will Arnett is trash!!!

Oh no you didn't.....

Will Farrell sucks...I think Will Ferrell is great on the other hand!

i agree

You bumped a month old thread for THAT? On topic, has anyone gone to see it yet?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I saw it, it sucked horribly, I enjoyed the other actors in the movie far more than Ferell. As far as the unis are concerned in the movie the Tropics face the Nets and The Spurs, from what I recall the Nets unis were blue with some red side panels and white stars I think, and the Spurs wore black unis with black lettering and white outlines. The Tropics unis were pretty cool looking for a 70's retro theme.

rob66.png

i saw it saturday, and i thought they played the pacers too, but i might be mistaken. and yes, everyone else in the movie was better than will ferrell. even the extras.

Archived