Flint Tropics

Waffles

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arnett and the Actor that played Pepperfield stole every scene. The russian roulette scene with the gun was worth my $9. Ferrell said this is his last sports movie.

I bet he takes a break for a bit, in an article for EW it came across to me as that he is enjoying it but realizes its running thin. (His shtick)

Ferrell said this is his last sports movie.

Dear gods, I hope so.

I bet he takes a break for a bit, in an article for EW it came across to me as that he is enjoying it but realizes its running thin. (His shtick)

That would be nice. His shtick isn't limited to sports movies, though - he trots it out in any genre.

Saw the movie on opening day - absoutely loved it. Not as good as Anchorman, but still worth seeing again. As far as the teams go, 5 teams made an appearance in-game: the Indiana Pacers, Anaheim Amigos, Pittsburgh Condors, New Jersey Nets, and San Antonio Spurs. A few of the other ABA teams were mentioned but not shown.

rrhgsig.gif

Saw the movie on opening day - absoutely loved it. Not as good as Anchorman, but still worth seeing again. As far as the teams go, 5 teams made an appearance in-game: the Indiana Pacers, Anaheim Amigos, Pittsburgh Condors, New Jersey Nets, and San Antonio Spurs. A few of the other ABA teams were mentioned but not shown.

I know it's a FICTIONAL movie (there was never any "Flint Tropics"), but having the Anaheim Amigos and Pittsburgh Condors playing in '76 is anachronistic-- by then, the Amigos were the Utah Stars, after having been the Los Angles Stars for a few years, and the Pittsburgh Condors folded in '72....

It is what it is.

I know it's a FICTIONAL movie (there was never any "Flint Tropics"), but having the Anaheim Amigos and Pittsburgh Condors playing in '76 is anachronistic-- by then, the Amigos were the Utah Stars, after having been the Los Angles Stars for a few years, and the Pittsburgh Condors folded in '72....

To be honest the Stars weren't playing in 1976 either....having folded in December 1975 IIRC.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived