Sign in to follow this  
Waffles

Flint Tropics

Depends on the BO.

If it's boffo, then WHA here we come. After the events of the first film, Jackie Moon could have moved to Canada just in time for another merger. :D

Arnett and the Actor that played Pepperfield stole every scene. The russian roulette scene with the gun was worth my $9. Ferrell said this is his last sports movie.

I bet he takes a break for a bit, in an article for EW it came across to me as that he is enjoying it but realizes its running thin. (His shtick)

Ferrell said this is his last sports movie.

Dear gods, I hope so.

I bet he takes a break for a bit, in an article for EW it came across to me as that he is enjoying it but realizes its running thin. (His shtick)

That would be nice. His shtick isn't limited to sports movies, though - he trots it out in any genre.

The preveiw for Step Brothers before the movie looked good. Will and Riley Scott have an uncanny chemistry.

I thought the movie was decent, it's what you expect. The poker scene definitely is one of the best.

Saw the movie on opening day - absoutely loved it. Not as good as Anchorman, but still worth seeing again. As far as the teams go, 5 teams made an appearance in-game: the Indiana Pacers, Anaheim Amigos, Pittsburgh Condors, New Jersey Nets, and San Antonio Spurs. A few of the other ABA teams were mentioned but not shown.

Saw the movie on opening day - absoutely loved it. Not as good as Anchorman, but still worth seeing again. As far as the teams go, 5 teams made an appearance in-game: the Indiana Pacers, Anaheim Amigos, Pittsburgh Condors, New Jersey Nets, and San Antonio Spurs. A few of the other ABA teams were mentioned but not shown.

I know it's a FICTIONAL movie (there was never any "Flint Tropics"), but having the Anaheim Amigos and Pittsburgh Condors playing in '76 is anachronistic-- by then, the Amigos were the Utah Stars, after having been the Los Angles Stars for a few years, and the Pittsburgh Condors folded in '72....

I know it's a FICTIONAL movie (there was never any "Flint Tropics"), but having the Anaheim Amigos and Pittsburgh Condors playing in '76 is anachronistic-- by then, the Amigos were the Utah Stars, after having been the Los Angles Stars for a few years, and the Pittsburgh Condors folded in '72....

To be honest the Stars weren't playing in 1976 either....having folded in December 1975 IIRC.