Houston Texans in all red tomorrow night

roxfan00

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that need to do this, but I'll do it anyway.

Here's a SnagIt capture from the official Texans' uniform style guide sheet. This was taken from the logo/uniform set StuffIt file I received on 10/25/2007:

HoustonTexans_StyleGuideScreenShot.jpg

There's also a new Texans' secondary logo in there that I hadn't seen until I received this new set. Don't know when/if it'll be released (or if it has already).

There's also a new 49ers secondary logo too!

Here's a SnagIt capture from the official Texans' uniform style guide sheet. This was taken from the logo/uniform set StuffIt file I received on 10/25/2007:

There's also a new Texans' secondary logo in there that I hadn't seen until I received this new set. Don't know when/if it'll be released (or if it has already).

How do you keep these things to yourself for so long?

How do you keep these things to yourself for so long?

Incredible self-control. If that was me, I'd be leaking stuff all the time.

And I'd probably be dead after I did it too much. Professional leagues don't play that.

I'm really surprised by this. I don't like the red on red look, but wonder how the white on red and navy on red would look.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

battle-red-splash6_01.jpg

battle-red-splash6_02.jpg

When did this happen?!?!

Pet peeve of mine (see all of my new Charger rants) but why can't they at least match the stripes on the jersey and pants? Although I don't think the red on red will look good at all, it would at least be better if the pants had only a navy stripe without the white (just like the jersey).

You Do Not Liiii-iiiiiiii-iiiiiiiii-iiiiiie.

(BTW, I may dumb, but I'm not dumb enough to ever seriously doubt you, dude. :D )

I know you can't say anything, but what does this Texans secondary logos "generally" look like.

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't remember the answer so I shall ask again. Is there any limit to the number of pants a team can have, or a limit to the number of times they can wearing these "alternate" pants?

There's a limit to the jersey. No limit to the pants. So a team could wear alternate pants as many times as they liked, but they can only wear an alternate jersey twice. That's dumb, IMO.

It looks like there may be a good chance we could see blue over red, and white over red soon, by the fact that the style guide says "Red pant may be worn with any jersey." I would really like to see what those two combos look like.

MegatronSig2.jpg

It looks like there may be a good chance we could see blue over red, and white over red soon, by the fact that the style guide says "Red pant may be worn with any jersey." I would really like to see what those two combos look like.

Blue over red would look good, since the blue is so dark. I think the Bills should do the same thing instead of wearing those hideous blue pajamas every week.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

battle-red-splash6_01.jpg

battle-red-splash6_02.jpg

When did this happen?!?!

Pet peeve of mine (see all of my new Charger rants) but why can't they at least match the stripes on the jersey and pants? Although I don't think the red on red will look good at all, it would at least be better if the pants had only a navy stripe without the white (just like the jersey).

I think the stripe is intended to match the numbers, like the stripe on the buccaneers' pants. It's kind of a fresh way of doing things if you ask me. I like it, probably because I don't see it very often.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't remember the answer so I shall ask again. Is there any limit to the number of pants a team can have, or a limit to the number of times they can wearing these "alternate" pants?

There's a limit to the jersey. No limit to the pants. So a team could wear alternate pants as many times as they liked, but they can only wear an alternate jersey twice. That's dumb, IMO.

Time to close that loophole, then.

Why not red with navy pants?

This would look a million times better, good looks for them. Similar to how the Falcons wear red jerseys/black pants.

To back up your point, a pic of the 1974 WFL Florida Blazers. Ahhhhh.

image024.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived