Houston Texans in all red tomorrow night

roxfan00

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The all-red with dark helmet look reminds me of Texas Tech.

72369269.jpg

It's similar to the Univiersity of Houston as well:

cougars110406.JPG

And all the Battle Red haters need to just acknowledge that Battle Red rules all with an iron fist and owns your soul!!!111 (sarcasm implied)

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

All in all, I wish this mix-and-matching would just go away and that teams would be forced to designate one official home uniform and one away.

I'm with you. I liked the concept of alts at first, but have completely soured on them with all the variations.

d/p

All in all, I wish this mix-and-matching would just go away and that teams would be forced to designate one official home uniform and one away.

I'm with you. I liked the concept of alts at first, but have completely soured on them with all the variations.

Well, for me its kind of like when I hear that they have a new flavor of Coke.

I'd say to myself "Wow! Cherry Coke! This is going to be great!"

Alas, it wasn't

Then it was "Wow! VANILLA Coke! I'll give it a chance!"

Alas, a big Meh.

Now they have some kind of Cherry and Vanilla soda orgy on the market.

I'm going to pass.

"Leave regular Coke ALONE!" (said in annoying Britney Spears uber fan voice)

rant over.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say these will look...lame. The "alt" jersey is a treat you get once, maybe twice a year. So why do they muck it up when they get the chance to wear them? The alt pants are a way to spice up your (usually) away uni or home once, but now it's an excuse to wear monochrome and that's it. The Texans will probably only wear white/blue blue/blue and red/red now which is sad...kinda like the way the Titans are (ab)using their combos. Wonder if all this AFC South uniform envy will bring out the Jags teal pants now?

I think it's all the way people were brought up. Now that these kids that were brought up on monochromes and they are in the NFL, they want to wear them.

I wouldn't doubt the future college and pro uniform combos...home: all black mono away: all white mono alt: all team color mono.

KISSwall09.jpg

Not that need to do this, but I'll do it anyway.

Here's a SnagIt capture from the official Texans' uniform style guide sheet. This was taken from the logo/uniform set StuffIt file I received on 10/25/2007:

HoustonTexans_StyleGuideScreenShot.jpg

There's also a new Texans' secondary logo in there that I hadn't seen until I received this new set. Don't know when/if it'll be released (or if it has already).

There's also a new 49ers secondary logo too!

Pantone, quick question: Does this mean the red-pants were something the Texans added after the season began? Or is that just the date of the file you received? I know alt jerseys have to be approved well before the season starts, but I'm guessing (like someone else already mentioned) alt pants don't matter?

A high school team up here went red monochrome this season. They have three jerseys, three pants, multiple looks, but were convinced to dress like tomatoes one game. Here's how it looked: Beware of the red helmets AND red socks some of the kids wore, too...

Geez, this isn't Communist Russia. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with some mixing and matching. It happens at every other level of football. Nothing wrong with it.

Hell of a lot better than watching those drab-ass white Dolphin uniforms or the Redskins wearing the same freakin' thing week after week. That does suck.

I will say that they will be in red socks too because when they do mono navy, they break out navy socks. The Bears and Jets are about the only mono teams that don't pull out the leotard look any more.

As for unused pants...I'm in no way an expert, but I think there's the Jags' teal and the Browns brown.

KISSwall09.jpg

Am I the first to suggest that Houston picked this week to wear them because they knew nobody would be able to watch?

(Seriously...I need to find a sports bar in Peoria that gets the NFL network before next Thursday.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hell of a lot better than watching those drab-ass white Dolphin uniforms or the Redskins wearing the same freakin' thing week after week.

Nah, two wrongs don't make a right. I wish the NFL would mandate once and for all that teams have to wear dark at home/white on the road, and enforce it...I'm looking at you too, Cowboys.

Archived