New Authentic MLB Caps

HatManTC

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's how much all the Authentic 5950s were last year. No surprise really.

And if you live in a city of any size and pay that much, it's because you've chosen to spend an extra five bucks on the cap. You can find the caps for $28 or less if you bother to look somewhere other than your local mall's cap store.

That Rays cap has a pretty extreme case of having a good side and a bad side. It looks much better when seen from the cap's right, as opposed to from the left.

20082614447.png

$32 each...They must be out of their minds.....

I also believe that the consensus was that the new poly caps were better (despite the initial backlash) than the wool 59fiftys. I can't say for myself, as I didn't go out and get one myself (I may have to get a new Cubs one this season - we'll see), but can say that I was sure persuaded by a couple of college caps (made by The Game) that are poly that I bought recently, and are awesome.

If the New Era's are as nice as those caps (and they seem similar based on just trying them on at various stores), then they're worth a few extra bucks (especially, as noted, if you shop around and spend $28 instead of $32)...

Moose

-

Chazberg - I never noticed that you were in Darien... I grew up in Downers Grove (and my folks still live there)... Small world...

Moose

Sweet dude, were you a Mustang or a Trojan?

Trojan - and my Dad retired from North after teaching wood shop and drafting there for 26 years in 2001...

Moose

-

Chazberg - I never noticed that you were in Darien... I grew up in Downers Grove (and my folks still live there)... Small world...

Moose

Trojan - and my Dad retired from North after teaching wood shop and drafting there for 26 years in 2001...

Moose

Sorry for derailing this thread even farther towards Chicago's western suburbs, but I didn't think I would find anyone on here that close to me. And no97, good thing you're not a Mustang.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I got the Phillies hat last week, for abour $30

interestingly the guy in lids never asked me if I wanted to be a passport member for 1 year (Maybe cause I work in the theatre in the same mall)

but it gives you 20% off of hats for 1 year for 5 bucks, so he gave it to me (20% off 32 is 6.40) thats thats kinda cool

-

Moose

Moose

Sorry for derailing this thread even farther towards Chicago's western suburbs, but I didn't think I would find anyone on here that close to me. And no97, good thing you're not a Mustang.

While on the subject of western suburbs, Oak Park anyone?

interestingly the guy in lids never asked me if I wanted to be a passport member for 1 year (Maybe cause I work in the theatre in the same mall)

but it gives you 20% off of hats for 1 year for 5 bucks, so he gave it to me (20% off 32 is 6.40) thats thats kinda cool

Plus if you request a catalog off the website from Lids and you are a passport member it gives you a code for an additional 10% off plus your 20% off which comes out to almost 10 bucks off.

arizonawildcatsbs4.png

I don't know if you have found this... but for me, I've noticed that the prices in Lids/Hat World in my area tend to be jacked up 20% over every other store in the mall. There's a local sporting goods store that is about 10 stores down from the Hat World in the mall I go to, and I've been comparison pricing, and have found that to be the case. On Twins Franchise hats, it's pretty much EXACTLY 20% more.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

$32 each...They must be out of their minds.....

I also believe that the consensus was that the new poly caps were better (despite the initial backlash) than the wool 59fiftys. I can't say for myself, as I didn't go out and get one myself (I may have to get a new Cubs one this season - we'll see), but can say that I was sure persuaded by a couple of college caps (made by The Game) that are poly that I bought recently, and are awesome.

If the New Era's are as nice as those caps (and they seem similar based on just trying them on at various stores), then they're worth a few extra bucks (especially, as noted, if you shop around and spend $28 instead of $32)...

That's about the size of it.

I was initially opposed to the idea (Performance baseball caps? They have to be kidding!). But they're beautiful. And as much as it pains me to admit it, New Era has taken some steps forward with the new caps in bringing their atrocious quality control problems under control.

The new caps are great.

Lids.com has the new On Field hats. I hope the Indians on Comes on there soon.

Tampa Bay

http://www.lids.com/pid/20108410

Phillies

http://www.lids.com/pid/20109023

I would NOT pay $32 for a Rays hat. They should have a special "Your team sucks so will shed 50% off" discount on that one.

As for the Phillies, is that just an alt, or are they permanately making blue the primary? It looks an awful lot like the hats the Phils wore in the late 40's. If I had a pic, Id show ya, but go on Sports E-Cyclopedia and I think theres a pic of HOFer Richie Ashburn wearing a Royal Blue hat. IDK but it looks excactly like it.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Lids.com has the new On Field hats. I hope the Indians on Comes on there soon.

Tampa Bay

http://www.lids.com/pid/20108410

Phillies

http://www.lids.com/pid/20109023

I would NOT pay $32 for a Rays hat. They should have a special "Your team sucks so will shed 50% off" discount on that one.

As for the Phillies, is that just an alt, or are they permanately making blue the primary? It looks an awful lot like the hats the Phils wore in the late 40's. If I had a pic, Id show ya, but go on Sports E-Cyclopedia and I think theres a pic of HOFer Richie Ashburn wearing a Royal Blue hat. IDK but it looks excactly like it.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=54693

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived