Mitchell Report: Logo-Free

BallWonk

Just took a look at the PDF of the Mitchell Report. Unlike most similar such reports from the government of late, no cover art at all. No real designed aspects at all, not even an MLB logo. You almost get the feeling MLB doesn't want anyone to associate the report with, you know, the sport of baseball or anything. Looks like a high school term paper. (Except that for all I know, actual high schoolers are putting sophisticated graphics on their term papers these days.)

I thought for sure MLB would want to dress it up a bit, or at least put some kind of cover on the document with the MLB logo, to take ownership of the report and project a getting-ahead-of-the-problem image.

20082614447.png

Just took a look at the PDF of the Mitchell Report. Unlike most similar such reports from the government of late, no cover art at all. No real designed aspects at all, not even an MLB logo. You almost get the feeling MLB doesn't want anyone to associate the report with, you know, the sport of baseball or anything. Looks like a high school term paper. (Except that for all I know, actual high schoolers are putting sophisticated graphics on their term papers these days.)

I thought for sure MLB would want to dress it up a bit, or at least put some kind of cover on the document with the MLB logo, to take ownership of the report and project a getting-ahead-of-the-problem image.

I think they were going for more of a "We produced this report, now let's all forget about this, OK?" vibe.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

So let's get on it! Design a "Mitchell Report on Steroids in Major League Baseball" logo, y'all.

Actually, I've been wondering if MLB is going to do any kind of anti-youth-doping publicity campaign, which would require making MLB anti-doping logos. Of course, that assumes that baseball is serious about undoing the damage the steroids era has done, so I'm not holding my breath ...

20082614447.png

Archived