Helmets that never were

OCE

I find the one with the bengal face on the side AND front of the helmet interesting. I don't particularly like it very much, but it does bring up a point. Why haven't there been more helmets with logos on the FRONT of the helmet? (Other than the Bengals of course.) I've seen that in many other instances in the past...most notably the Birmingham Thunderbolts of the old XFL, and the old Iowa Barnstormers of the AFL.

I wish more teams would explore that option and work with it. I think a team like the Bills for example, could successfully employ somekind of double horn decal that starts on the front of the helmet and work its way around. I guess the Eagles kind of have a front and side decal look, but not what I'm really getting at.

How about if the Ravens put a bird head on the front of the helmet with wings spread across the sides. Imagine lining up against a Raven lineman with little beady red eyes staring back at you.

That might be kind of cool.

Check out these wakked out helmets from a Paul Brown bio page:

http://www.jcu.edu/chemistry/NAOSMM/2007/B...rownHelmets.jpg

Apropos of nothing, but why is that Paul Brown bio page hosted by the chemistry department at the University I graduated from? Weird. Do you have the URL of the actual page, not just the image?

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that the current Jags helmet looks good.

Anyone with cats recognizes that expression - the helmet kitty's trying to cough up a hairball.

I saw that look on my cat's face last night...and he coughed one up...LOL

My beef with the Jag's helmet is that the cat has a teal-colored tongue.

Anyone with cats recognizes that expression - the helmet kitty's trying to cough up a hairball.

I saw that look on my cat's face last night...and he coughed one up...LOL

My beef with the Jag's helmet is that the cat has a teal-colored tongue.

That's the best part!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

As a Jaguars fan , I'm very happy with the helmet logo and the teal tongue it's what makes it stand out to a point I would perhaps add some kind teal lining on the helmet then again I like how simple it is .

As for the First Helmet , it was the local head of Jaguar and Ford whom decided to make a stank about the helmet and logo , well as everything went forward the Jacksonville Jaguars redesigned everything including dropping the sliver because Carolina had unveiled theirs and had the Blue Black and Silver of course , so they decided to drop silver and make black and teal the dominate colors , even though it was different from what they first showed but the original plan was for silver and teal and sliver pants and little black and gold . Anyway's it was so said that around early 95 just about draft time , it got out that executives from Detroit came down and cleared house in the front offices here in Jville for Ford and Jaguar , took over until they could have new CEO's and DM's for the area and pretty much said they blew off the best possible advertisement Jaguar car company could have , and they tried to take the Jaguars (football) front office back into going with the previous logo , but the Jacksonville Jaguars said "Thank you but no thank you we are happy with what we have now ".

So what could have been , and i still can't see the Jags with silver now .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

To each their own. I happen to think that the Jaguars' helmet logo is the best in the National Football League.

Really? It was a rushed job that was entirely botched.

That's why I loved this concept and I heard that the team actually considered it but the owner did'nt want to give up the traditional helmet gray facemask included.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showth...ardinals+helmet

That particular helmet CONCEPT was considered by the team (I heard, informally), but NOT that particular design.

Lots and lots of people have designed similar designs over the years...everyone acts like it's a new idea.

I had two different concepts that were submitted to me just like it up on the SSUR that predate this one by at least two years.

Archived