Update on my Very First Concept

BB61

Alright kids, story time. If you don't like reading, just skip all of this crap and compare the first picture (2005) to the second one (tonight) and make your C&C based on that.

In January, 2005, I joined this here community. Three days later, I somehow managed to land a spot in one of the fantasy leagues here in the community. While it's not 100% the reason I participate in the boards, it was definately what got me hooked. But that's now, we're talking about then, so let's go back there.

Upon recieving word that I was now owner of a fantasy team, my mind began to race. Oh, no... now I need to come up with a concept just like these other guys here. I've never done this before and it's going to suck and I'm going to get laughed at and AAAAAAAARGH!! I was unemployed at the time, and I was going through a nasty break-up. I needed to get my mind off of all the other crap somehow, and I needed to make my insomnia at least somewhat fruitful. So I went to work.

Not being at all artistically inclined, I needed to find a nickname I could work with. Storm. Great. That'll do. So I dug and dug and found something I could work with. Now I needed a template. I used ICS's, which was basically a hack of one of his international football designs (sorry, Sharkie... I was desperate). I worked a total of eight hours over three nights, and finally came up with this: 2005 PHILADELPHIA STORM CONCEPT.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got very positive feedback for it, and I thought to myself, self, I guess you don't suck too much after all. I felt better about myself... two months later I had a job, and two months after that, I met my current girlfriend. Three years later, I'm still hanging around you bozos and running a :censored:load of fantasy leagues.

See, kids? Better living through concepts. But that's not the point. Three years later, after starting and stopping and fiddling, I present to you an update of my Philadelphia Storm identity.

PhiladelphiaStorm2008.jpg

Changes:

-- Darker Blue

-- Tampa Bay Lightning number font

-- Removal of mangled Philadelphia Bell logo from sleeves

-- Placement of helmet logo on sleeves

-- Removal of all striping and thin lightning bolts

-- Placement of lightning bolt stripe on pants

C&C appreciated, and I'm sorry for rambling. This team and this concept has high sentimental value -- you always remember your first.

philly.png

I think it looks good. I'm not really sold on the sock striping. I'd probably put the green on each side of the blue. Also, I'd make the lightning bolt a little thinner, but not as thin as the old one. I'd also lose the second par of blue pants. Maybe white?

Archived