Charlotte Bobcats logos?

$teauA

I knew about the one with the baketball behind the bobcat head but where did the other ones come from?

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=258

The team hasn't made any official announcement about a logo change but it looks to me like the move will be permanent as of next season and that horrible midcourt middle school logo will be gone. I really like the 'C' secondary logos and this one would look great a midcourt:

qbskaefphqdc7pbqfiefhaeae.gif

I knew about the one with the baketball behind the bobcat head but where did the other ones come from?

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=258

The team hasn't made any official announcement about a logo change but it looks to me like the move will be permanent as of next season and that horrible midcourt middle school logo will be gone. I really like the 'C' secondary logos and this one would look great a midcourt:

qbskaefphqdc7pbqfiefhaeae.gif

The team made an official announcement before the season, it was fairly quite. The team is switching to primary blues next season, but the logos are being used this season.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

If you didn't know that Charlotte was "the Queen City" and weren't looking for it, that does NOT look like a crown. Its not only too vague to be a crown, but oddly placed on the block letter. Did the designer actually look at a crown? or was he/she trying to come up with some kind of design element that would blur the lines between a crown and a claw? That looks like something you'd see in a sophomore level design class....its terrible. Not to say that the OTHER logos are any better.

Whats the deal with the 'C' logo? Looks horrible IMO. Is that supposed to be a claw on top?

What the hell were they thinking?

I don't know, I kinda like it - as far as secondary logos go. - although the orange drop shadow looks a bit off around the crown area. The orange just should have been a full outline, not a shadow.

But that's such a common nickname to bother acknowledging in a logo:

A crapload of other places called "Queen City", too

Honestly, Cincinnati comes to mind before any other when I hear that name.

must be regional for you then. like the wiki says, Charlotte was named after the (then) Queen, Charlotte of Mecklenburg, wife of King George III. as best i can tell the only US city to be as such.

back to the logos... there has not been an official unveiling or "launch" of the newer alts. we have discussed them, they have been used on team promotions this year, but the full set (as shown on the logo pages) has not been used in official team printings, yet.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

But that's such a common nickname to bother acknowledging in a logo:

A crapload of other places called "Queen City", too

Honestly, Cincinnati comes to mind before any other when I hear that name.

must be regional for you then. like the wiki says, Charlotte was named after the (then) Queen, Charlotte of Mecklenburg, wife of King George III. as best i can tell the only US city to be as such.

back to the logos... there has not been an official unveiling or "launch" of the newer alts. we have discussed them, they have been used on team promotions this year, but the full set (as shown on the logo pages) has not been used in official team printings, yet.

so then how in the world are the logos on this website :blink:? were they leaked?

as for the new website...umm yeah there hasn't been a new website, they're still using the same crappy one they made 3 years ago, it's terrible.

about the C crown logo. a lot of things in the charlotte area use some sort of crown element in their logos. heck you even see it on the street signs around the city. personally i like it and i think it makes for a nice touch of the 'queen city' element. you can tell they're trying really hard to get people's attention but i dont see how that's possible if you're gonna make a bunch of new logos and then not even introduce them to the city :wacko:

They use the logo alot during local Bobcats broadcasts.

the full face cat, and not the half basketball face?

... besides, we don't get many bobcats games on TV (long very stupid story), how would California?

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

so then how in the world are the logos on this website :blink:? were they leaked?

as for the new website...umm yeah there hasn't been a new website, they're still using the same crappy one they made 3 years ago, it's terrible.

about the C crown logo. a lot of things in the charlotte area use some sort of crown element in their logos. heck you even see it on the street signs around the city. personally i like it and i think it makes for a nice touch of the 'queen city' element. you can tell they're trying really hard to get people's attention but i dont see how that's possible if you're gonna make a bunch of new logos and then not even introduce them to the city :wacko:

The NBA publicly released the logos, so it's perfectly fine to have them out in the open.

Don't know why they never had an "official" unveiling.

They use the logo alot during local Bobcats broadcasts.

the full face cat, and not the half basketball face?

... besides, we don't get many bobcats games on TV (long very stupid story), how would California?

I think he's talking about your local broadcasts. I've seen that logo on the scoreboard for the local Charlotte broadcasts on SportsCenter.

Archived