Charlotte Bobcats logos?

$teauA

jtg9zfd2dllz0zhgef1eeictk.gif

The old Cavs logo went into witness protection. It found a home similar to it's own (a C-named city wearing blue and orange), was flipped upside down and affixed to the top of a C, but even in that disguise, greatness like that cannot remain hidden for long.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

But that's such a common nickname to bother acknowledging in a logo:

A crapload of other places called "Queen City", too

Honestly, Cincinnati comes to mind before any other when I hear that name.

That's what I thought too. Isn't that why they came up with the name Royals for their basketball team?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

jtg9zfd2dllz0zhgef1eeictk.gif

Is that a crown because it's the Queen City? I thought it was a tribute to a building in Charlotte.

Besides, Queen City has nothing to do with Bobcats (other than that the city of Charlotte owns Charlotte Bobcats Arena). The Bucks are from Brew City, but you don't see them with a beer in their logo.

I knew about the one with the baketball behind the bobcat head but where did the other ones come from?

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=258

The team hasn't made any official announcement about a logo change but it looks to me like the move will be permanent as of next season and that horrible midcourt middle school logo will be gone. I really like the 'C' secondary logos and this one would look great a midcourt:

qbskaefphqdc7pbqfiefhaeae.gif

It reminds me of this:

Minnesota_Lynx.gif

I knew about the one with the baketball behind the bobcat head but where did the other ones come from?

The team hasn't made any official announcement about a logo change but it looks to me like the move will be permanent as of next season and that horrible midcourt middle school logo will be gone. I really like the 'C' secondary logos and this one would look great a midcourt:

It reminds me of this:

Minnesota_Lynx.gif

It reminds me of this:

Minnesota_Lynx.gif

OH GOD :cursing:

That logo is now officially ruined for me :(.

-----

Have there been any attempts at designing a Bobcats logo by any of the great designers on this board?

I believe Tom O'Grady designed both the Lynx and obviously Bobcats' marks...that probably explains the similarities between the two logos (teeth rendering, eyebrows, shape of chin, etc)

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Archived