Sign in to follow this  
$teauA

Charlotte Bobcats logos?

Here's another Bobcats fact that slipped under the radar:

The Orange changed this season as well:

CharlotteBobcatsOrange_Old_SOL.jpgCharlotteBobcatsOrange_New_SOL.jpg

jtg9zfd2dllz0zhgef1eeictk.gif

The old Cavs logo went into witness protection. It found a home similar to it's own (a C-named city wearing blue and orange), was flipped upside down and affixed to the top of a C, but even in that disguise, greatness like that cannot remain hidden for long.

They use the logo alot during local Bobcats broadcasts.

the full face cat, and not the half basketball face?

... besides, we don't get many bobcats games on TV (long very stupid story), how would California?

I have NBA League Pass Broadband for free.

jtg9zfd2dllz0zhgef1eeictk.gif

Is that a crown because it's the Queen City? I thought it was a tribute to a building in Charlotte.

Besides, Queen City has nothing to do with Bobcats (other than that the city of Charlotte owns Charlotte Bobcats Arena). The Bucks are from Brew City, but you don't see them with a beer in their logo.

I knew about the one with the baketball behind the bobcat head but where did the other ones come from?

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=258

The team hasn't made any official announcement about a logo change but it looks to me like the move will be permanent as of next season and that horrible midcourt middle school logo will be gone. I really like the 'C' secondary logos and this one would look great a midcourt:

qbskaefphqdc7pbqfiefhaeae.gif

It reminds me of this:

Minnesota_Lynx.gif

I knew about the one with the baketball behind the bobcat head but where did the other ones come from?

The team hasn't made any official announcement about a logo change but it looks to me like the move will be permanent as of next season and that horrible midcourt middle school logo will be gone. I really like the 'C' secondary logos and this one would look great a midcourt:

It reminds me of this:

Minnesota_Lynx.gif

It reminds me of this:

Minnesota_Lynx.gif

OH GOD :cursing:

That logo is now officially ruined for me :(.

-----

Have there been any attempts at designing a Bobcats logo by any of the great designers on this board?

I believe Tom O'Grady designed both the Lynx and obviously Bobcats' marks...that probably explains the similarities between the two logos (teeth rendering, eyebrows, shape of chin, etc)

I really like that Lynx logo. It could use a few tweaks (simple as changing the eye color) to become tougher and it'd be a hundred times better than the Twolves logo.