Best College Football Unis

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

I just had an idea to start this topic. Which schools do you think have the best football unis? Heres mine:

(I must add, Im a VERY traditional, classic kinda guy, so these are heavily classic)

1. Yale

2. Army

3. Notre Dame

4. Ohio State

5. Michigan/Delaware (tie)

6. Texas

7. BYU (theyre our rivals, but heck thier unis are nice)

8. UCLA

9. Arizona State

10. Michigan State

feel free to submit yours!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I see no problem with revisiting past topics.

Besides, we're not THAT creative where we can keep coming up with new topics all the time.

That being said, here are my top five, which are probably different than the ones I picked before:

1. Texas. A+ for helmet logo, A+ for tradition, A- for coloring.

2. Michigan. A for helmet logo, A+ for tradition, A for coloring.

3. UCLA. A- for helmet logo, A- for tradition, A+ for coloring.

4. USC. B for helmet logo, A for tradition (they did return to a previous uniform style), A for coloring.

5. Florida State. A+ for helmet logo, B for tradition, A- for coloring.

5. Michigan/Delaware (tie)

If they're tied for fifth, then there's one too many teams on this list. If they're tied for fifth, then Texas should be seventh, and MSU shouldn't be on the list.

If they're tied for fifth because you believe they have the same jerseys, I invite you to take a look. You'll notice that Delaware's Home Jerseys have yellow sleeve and collar hems, a conference logo chest patch, and a white swoosh, none of which Michigan has. Michigan's Homes have a yellow swoosh. Also, the blues are very different. Michigan's and Delaware's away jerseys also share the conference logo chest patch difference, along with the Delaware lacking Michigan's piping (which I hope to God they get rid of when Adidas comes aboard). Also, if you look at the 5s on the away jerseys, they're in a different font. Also, Delaware's jerseys (both of them) lack names on the back. Michigan's do not.

Don't they deserve different rankings now?

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I really see nothing wrong revisiting topics like this. Two reasons:

1) Uniforms change

2) Aesthetics and opinions change

For conflict of interest reasons, BYU is not included on my list, but if it were, you all know where I'd put them. Anyway, I'm obviously a traditionalist, so here goes:

10. Ole Miss

9. Colorado State

8. Virginia

7. Arizona State

6. Texas

5. Notre Dame

4. San Diego State

3. UCLA

2. USC

1. Army

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Alrighty. First, I apologize for apparently revisiting a topic that has been started one too many times. I hadnt seen another topic like this so I thought I had a green light.

Second, for jman0777, I know full well about the differences that Delaware and Michigan have. I know about the collar, the shades of blue, the numbers, all of it. Though im only 15 I pay alot more attention to uniforms thatn many here may think (not trying to get on ya in any way, im just saying that im really anylitical about unis, which is why i started an acount here. No harm intended). The actual reason I had them tied was because at first I was going to just put Michigan on there, but Delaware, though they do have some differences in colors and minor things like collars and numbers, have the same sort of idea and concept that Michigan uses: Blue helmet with gold (or maize) old style decal, whatever color jersey depending on home or away (blue/white), and gold (or maize) pants. They have the same idea going. So, I only thought itd be fair to place them in a tie. Anyways, that being said, you are right that I have one too many teams on my list. So I'll take Michigan State out.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Oh boy! Another one of these threads?

Whats next? a discussion about the Brewers and their old 'B in G' logo? Or how about the argument about the Charger powder blue unis?

Who's comin with me? :rolleyes:

BWAHHAHAHAHA!! (ROFL)

Word.

It is what it is.

Alrighty. First, I apologize for apparently revisiting a topic that has been started one too many times. I hadnt seen another topic like this so I thought I had a green light.

Second, for jman0777, I know full well about the differences that Delaware and Michigan have. I know about the collar, the shades of blue, the numbers, all of it. Though im only 15 I pay alot more attention to uniforms thatn many here may think (not trying to get on ya in any way, im just saying that im really anylitical about unis, which is why i started an acount here. No harm intended). The actual reason I had them tied was because at first I was going to just put Michigan on there, but Delaware, though they do have some differences in colors and minor things like collars and numbers, have the same sort of idea and concept that Michigan uses: Blue helmet with gold (or maize) old style decal, whatever color jersey depending on home or away (blue/white), and gold (or maize) pants. They have the same idea going. So, I only thought itd be fair to place them in a tie. Anyways, that being said, you are right that I have one too many teams on my list. So I'll take Michigan State out.

If it were me, I'd have bumped Michigan out just because he decided to be a little girl about it. You dropped it to five, bumped your honest 6th which I give you credit for but otherwise you caved. The divas here like to talk tough and they like the drama but in the end they're all still into fashion and design and being intimidated by them just really shouldn't be possible.

Oh and to jman0777, teaching someone is fine but giving information that wasn't asked for and doing it by intimidating someone through nerd-speak (which really shouldn't be possible) doesn't teach anyone anything except that you're an ass. You have some knowledge but learn to play nice with others. Your attitude reeks of newbie. It reeks of youth. It makes me retch. Take that foot out of your mouth and the stick out of your rear and try again.

Also as for this topic being brought up again, grow up guys. :censored:in hell this isn't a government database that needs to be kept all crisp and clean. Keep your OCD to yourself. Really. You sound like my mother.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Being a Michigan graduate and lifelong fan, I have to be biased and put them at number one. However, I must give props to our rival, Ohio State's uniforms, although I still wonder why they took the grey off the home uniform...

1. Michigan (The home uniform. The road version needs work. It will be interesting to see what happens when Adidas takes over for Nike next year)

2. Texas (Simple, clean, both home and road. The steer logo is classic).

3. Ohio State (You think college football when you see OSU's uniforms. At least the road jerseys still have grey on them).

4. USC (Again, I think college football when I see them).

5. UCLA (Top 5 ever since they updated them a few years ago.)

6. Penn State (Timeless, both home and road.)

7. Georgia (I even like the black alternate).

8. Arizona State (I don't know why, but the mascot/icon/logo looks good on that bright, yellow helmet). Maroon/Yellow is a good combo.

9. Tennessee (I like the home version. I don't care for the black outlines on the road jersey).

10 Texas A&M (This year's version that included the long-forgotten school color - gray, looks really good).

For conflict of interest reasons, BYU is not included on my list, but if it were, you all know where I'd put them. Anyway, I'm obviously a traditionalist, so here goes:

What are you, a senator?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived