Utah Valley University gets new logos

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

I recently came across an article in the Salt Lake Tribune that showed the new unveiled logos for Utah Valley University, who will be so named after July 1, 2008. The school is currently known as Utah Valley State College (better know to Valleyers like me as UVSC), but they are making the full transition to a university as stated before. They will keep thier Wolverines nickname. Well, here they are! (The logos were designed by a corporation from Salt Lake City called Rare Method)

20071130__UVU_NewAthleticlogos_Gallery.jpg

20071130__UVUlogo4_Gallery.jpg

20071130__UVUlogo3_Gallery.jpg

20071130__UVUlogo2_Gallery.jpg

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

The interlocking 'UV' secondary logo is well done. It works in so many ways. I would see it on a football helmet or on a baseball cap. The Wolverine head and the 'UV' Claw logos are a pitiful attempt at best. They're pretty bad. They look like early comps instead of completed proofs.

They have three styles of fonts (types) for the UV - not real good. The concept of the wolverine is good with some similarities to the old logo. Colors changed.

See below.

UtahStateWolverines.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Interesting. Anyone else think X-Line when you look at these?

That was exactly what I first thought.

I like the new UV logo package--it's going to take a while for me to get used to calling them UVU or UV, whichever one they end deciding to emphasize. It took a while for me to stop calling them UVCC after they changed to UVSC. The school goes from a vocational/community college to a junior college to a university of about 30,000 students in around 20 years.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The Wolverine head seems out of place in this set to me. I also thought X-Line, but I didn't know that was the term for them now.

With a slightly less cartoony 'Rine logo, this would be the perfect set. Still, I love the claw and UV secondaries (esp the claw--very nice). Looking at the old primary, the new one is a solid update of the old...but it still needs work.

Overall, I'd give the entire set a solid B with a chance at extra credit. Well done, UVU.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

The wolverine head screams 'Minor League Baseball' to me. The green UV claw is all right, but nothing special. It's a good idea, but it could certainly be executed better. The logotype, though, is tight and simple, and that gold UV monogram is killer.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My first thought was X-Line as well, so for that reason I don't like it. The X-Line stuff was cool for what they were, but not too many of them would've made good logos on there own -- though I did like those hats at the time. Better than their old logo... but that's not saying much. I do like the UV claw, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

The wolverine head screams 'Minor League Baseball' to me. The green UV claw is all right, but nothing special. It's a good idea, but it could certainly be executed better. The logotype, though, is tight and simple, and that gold UV monogram is killer.

You said it better than I did.

Its all over the board in my opinion.

Archived